Finance and Administrative Assistant
Deadline of this Job:
22nd November 2019
Date Posted: Monday, November 18, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Umuhuza is a Non-Governmental Organization founded in 2005 and recognized by the Rwanda Governance board in the official gazette no 50 bis with legal personality no 104/2014. Umuhuza aims to foster a culture of peace through education focusing on educating parents of young children to promote improved childhood development and create peaceful citizens. From January 2016, the organization is expanded to work with Save the Children International (SCI) on School-Community Partnerships Education(SCOPE) project funded by USAID. It is in light of this expansion that the organization requires a skilled and committed person to cover the Finance and Administrative Assistant position. .
• Ensure that payment of regular services approved by authorities are completed in a timely manner in accordance with Umuhuza financial manual;
• Assist in SCOPE meetings, workshops, and other events;
• Ensure that all program and administrative documents filed appropriately.
• Assist in preparing SCOPE's part-time staff's( Trainers of Literacy Champions) agreement
• Record and update all SCOPE team's leave and absence;
• Collect and submit a monthly timesheet for SCOPE team from SCI office to Umuhuza office
• Seek competitive suppliers of goods and services as required, ensure that procurement procedures are adhered to for SCOPE Activities;
• Assist in purchasing of office equipment, materials and canteen necessities for SCOPE;
• Ensure that the organization's asset and equipment are accounted for and operational;
• Ensure availability of all material needed for SCOPE activities.
• Ensure all monthly business advance are timely settled and any supplier’s invoice are timely submitted to the Finance assistant for payment
• Prepare SCOPE request ( monthly, quarterly and annually)
• Follow up on supplier’s payment to ensure they are paid on a timely manner
In addition, any other task is reasonably assigned by the hierarchical supervision shall be carried out for the successful functioning of the organization.
• Understand the provisions of the Child Safeguarding Policy, Code of Conduct and Local/Country Procedures and conduct oneself in accordance with the rules of the Child Safeguarding Policy, in personal and professional lives – which includes reporting suspicions of child abuse.
• Comply with Umuhuza policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
• Perform other duties, as assigned by the supervisor
• Treats all people(beneficiaries, colleagues, partners, ....) with dignity and respect
• Actively consults and listens closely to team members, fellow staff, and partners
• Handles conflicts in a constructive and supportive manner
• Seeks first to understand others’ needs, ideas, and suggestions
Honesty and Integrity:
• Honest, encourages openness and transparency, builds trust and confidence
• Displays consistent excellent judgment
• Considers whether decisions and actions will advance justice, peace, and solidarity
• Uses resources justly, equitably, and efficiently
• Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to; builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
• Values diversity and different people’s perspectives, able to work cross-culturally.
• Committing to Umuhuza's mission for his/her selves and the team, takes responsibility for his/her own personal commitment and encourages the team to do the same
• Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale
• Bachelors degree relevant to the job description preferably in Accounting / Finance Graduate
• Relevant proven working experience
• On-hand proven experience with QuickBooks is an asset
• Solid computer literacy (MS Office, Email correspondence, etc…)
• Familiarity with financial reporting and forecasts.
• Ability to hand alternative duties at the same time
• Commitment to Umuhuza values
Job Education Requirements: Having an Advanced Level Certificate of Secondary Education (Senior 6) Having a valid driving license Category B and plus at least 3 years’ experience in a similar position.
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
If you meet all the above criteria, please submit your hard copy of degrees ,CV and a cover letter including telephone and email contact and details of three referees (one of whom should be your current or most recent employer) to Umuhuza Kigali office near Remera tax park (Remera sector, Rukiri 1 cell in Ubumwe Village) KG 125 ST 3KG 250 ST 3 Please note that : The deadline for application submission is not later than November 22, 2019, at 5:00 pm. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The applications which do not meet the specified minimum requirements or are received after the closing date will be rejected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.