Finance and Administrative Specialist, Administrative Assistant
Jobs at:Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture Feed the Future Modernizing Agriculture Activity
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, July 31 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, July 27 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• CNFA is a not-for-profit organization based in Washington, D.C., dedicated to stimulating economic growth in the agricultural sector by nurturing entrepreneurship, private enterprise, and market linkages. CNFA specializes in fostering private sector investments in training, new technologies and marketing as a means to increase the overall competitiveness of agricultural value chains and rural development, to increase people’s incomes, to develop skills in the rural workforce, and to facilitate exports.
Program Description USAID/Rwanda Hinga Wunguke Activity
• The purpose of the Hinga Wunguke Activity is to support increased agriculture productivity and income, access to finance and markets, and access and consumption of nutritious food products in Rwanda, while increasing the resilience of the agriculture and food systems to the changing climate. To achieve this goal, the Activity will sustainably increase agricultural productivity, increase access to finance for farmers and agribusinesses, improve producers’ market outcomes, and strengthen the enabling environment to foster market-driven outcomes in agriculture.
• Under the supervision of Procurement and Operations Manager, the Finance and Administrative Specialist will support the preparation of the program’s daily expenditures, initiating payments and drafting the financial and operations related reports. The incumbent will also receive related procurement/payments requests, in collaboration with programs team, initiate the request for quotations, analyze them and issue related purchase orders. Additionally, the Finance and Administrative Specialist will support the Operations team to maintain the Accounts Payable Ledger and Check Register, program inventory management and handle staff and consultants travels expenses, among others.
Duties and Responsibilities
The main duties of the Finance and Administrative Specialist are:
• a) Finance related tasks:
• Review all payments requests including vendors invoices and internal payments requests;
• Initiate the day-to-day payments activities in compliance with CNFA policies and procedures and with Rwandan laws, including but not limited to: Making proper payment entries to the general ledger in accordance with the organisation’s and established accounting principles;
• Support the account to prepare mandatory reports as required and respond to inquiries as necessary;
• Support the team in preparation of tax calculations and other remittances, payments and prepare the tax refunds request from the tax authority in Rwanda;
• Manage daily petty cash payments and cash reconciliation, including verifying support documentation; prepare petty cash replenishment/request documents.
• Initiate local travel expenses/reimbursements.
1. b) Administrative/Logistics tasks:
• Receive the procurement requests and initiate the procurement process in accordance with CNFA procurement policy;
• Analyze the requests and initiate the call for quotations or proposals, bids analysis and preparation of vendors selection memos and purchase orders or contracts
• Manage the office materials needs including stationaries, Office kitchen supplies and as well programs meetings or events’ needs;
• Handle travels requests including project vehicles allocation or rent, hotels booking and related invoices review and payment processing;
• Manage fleet including maintenance, fuel replenishment and logbooks reviews;
• Review assets register to ensure that records are in compliance with assets CNFA Management policy;
• Ensure proper documentation and filing (sharepoint) of all transactions to facilitate further audit review
• Perform any other related tasks assigned by supervisor
• Minimum of Bachelors’ degree required in accounting, Finance or a relevant field;
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in accounting, or Administration of program with at least 3 year within the International Non-Governmental Organization’s (NGO) sector for Finance and Administrative Specialist and 12 months experience for Administrative Assistant;
• Experience working on USAID or other donor-funded programs desired;
• Proficiency in Excel and other relevant accounting software;
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to work in fast-paced environment;
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously;
• Fluency in English;
• Strong attention to details and high degree of integrity, accountability, energy and flexibility.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• All interested and qualified Candidate can send their application (motivation letter, updated CV, certificates and references) documents to: ModAg@cnfarwanda.org no later than 31th July 2023 at 6:00 PM. Please quote the job title in the subject (Finance and Administrative Specialist, Administrative Assistant
• The hiring team will review applications on rolling basis and the interviews for the selected candidates can be scheduled as soon the best candidates are identified. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.