Finance and Compliance Manager
Jobs at:Oxfam International - Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
31 August 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 16, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Finance and Compliance Manager
This vacancy is open to Rwandan Nationals only
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
That means we tackle the inequality that keeps people poor. Together we save, protect and rebuild lives. When disaster strikes, we help people build better lives for themselves, and for others. We take on issues like land rights, climate change and discrimination against women. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can enjoy life free from poverty.
We are an international confederation of over 20 organizations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning.
All our work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness. To read more about our values click here
As Finance and Compliance Manager (FCM), you will lead the Finance, Administration, Procurement & Logistics team. Within the context of Oxfam’s development philosophy and its programme in Rwanda, to provide quality and efficient delivery of financial and procurement services, ensure accuracy of financial data and assist programme teams in overall financial management of programme budgets, partner/donor contracts and in staff/partner capacity building for finance management.
As FCM you will report regularly to the Legacy Manager, on the management of financial and operational risks associated with program delivery, grants and in operations support the finance team in EU Co-applicants by, and support to the programme and partner according to Oxfam policies, systems, and standards on financial management and FCM will support compliance and risk management, and be responsible for reviewing contracts, grants, leases, disbursements, and transfers to third parties in a timely, professional and quality manner.
To strengthen management systems and reducing financial risks in the Legacy project, whilst ensuring compliance to donor regulations.
What we are looking for
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Economics or its equivalent.
• Minimum of 7 years “hands-on” working experience in providing a whole range of financial services within a structured organisation, 3 years of which must be at managerial level in an INGO program work, including field experience and/or with institutional donors.
• Experience of developing EU funded projects budget, monitoring them, preparing the financial reports, leading the donor audits, and training local partners on EU funded projects financial management.
• Proven ability to interpret financial procedures and standards and put them into practice and influence others in their implementation.
• Knowledge of Peoplesoft financial accounting package or similar financial reporting software.
• Strong analytical skills and experience using a computerised information management system (Ms. Word, Excel, Accounting/Statistical analysis software, Procurement management system etc.)
• Excellent interpersonal skills, able to work as part of a dispersed, multi-disciplined, multicultural team, responding quickly and accurately to queries and issues.
• Good organisational and personal management skills, with ability to prioritise work issues to meet deadlines and adjust to constantly changing situations while maintaining focus on delivery and follow-through
• Well-developed conceptual, critical, and analytical thinking with the ability to convey complex information in a straightforward, interesting way, and influencing this to a wider audience Ability to represent Oxfam in a professional and competent manner with external individuals and organisations
• Ability to manage resources and deadlines with minimum supervision.
• High level ability in the application of strategic financial, IS and logistics management and experience in maximising resource utilisation
• Experience in managing risk within differing and complex context
• A professional certification or part qualification in Accounting (ACCA, CIMA or CPA holder)
• Understanding of Gender and Diversity.
This role will give you an opportunity to make a difference in the Legacy Project in Rwanda and to work with a group of passionate people that are specialists in their fields.
We believe flexible working is key to building the Oxfam of the future, so we’re open to talking through the type of flexible arrangements which might work for you. We think this role would work particularly well as a partially home-based role or job share.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. Oxfam GB also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability against the criteria in the job profile.
Oxfam is a global community who believe poverty isn’t inevitable. It’s an injustice that can be overcome. We are shop volunteers, women’s right activists, marathon runners, aid workers, coffee farmers, street fundraisers, goat herders, policy experts, campaigners, water engineers and more. And we won’t stop until everyone can live life without poverty for good.
Oxfam GB is a member of international confederation of 21 organisations working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
A thriving diverse Oxfam:
It’s people power that brings about change. To play our part as a global organisation working to overcome poverty and inequality, we need equality, diversity and inclusion across our community of staff, partners and volunteers. Together, we’re committed to becoming a more diverse workforce, better able to tackle the global challenges that face our world today.
To do that:
• We need to dismantle the unequal power structures that exist everywhere, this including Oxfam and the wider development and charity sectors.
• We need an inclusive Oxfam where everyone can bring who they are to our work and feels celebrated for the differences they bring.
• We want and need everyone, and that means we need you.
In response to Covid-19 if you are offered a role where you are required to travel between countries please ensure you have been briefed by the Hiring Manager about any changes to working or precautions you should take as part of your role.
Interested and Qualified, Click here to Apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.