Finance and HR Manager
Jobs at:Victory Farms Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
06 February 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, January 07, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Victory Farms aims to be the most sustainable fish farm on the planet whilst it scales to feed 2 billion Africans in the coming 2 decades. Currently, VF is sub-Saharan Africa’s fastest growing fish farm, and the largest Fish Farm in East Africa. We have operations on the Kenyan side of Lake Victoria, with distribution capacity throughout Kenya, and plans to expand across Africa. The Company has the highest standards for performance, execution, culture, and integrity, with best in class talent from across the globe.
Finance and HR Manager – Nairobi, Kenya
(With expectation to transition to the founding team for Country 2)
Victory Farms wants to bring on an ambitious self-starter to play a leading role in our organization. In your first year in Nairobi, you will be working with our Human Resources and Finance functions to drive initiatives and comprehensively learn the business. At the end of this time, subject to performance, we will expect you to then transition to the founding team for our first international expansion, most likely into Rwanda. Here you will operate as our Finance and HR lead, where you will help launch and scale what is expected to become one of the largest fish farms in Africa. You will report directly to our Director of Expansion, who will be leading the launch of Country 2.
Your three (3) primary responsibilities will consist of:
• [Core responsibility #1] Spearhead projects that will develop and improve our Finance and HR functions’ effectiveness
• [Core responsibility #2] Support Finance and HR teams in daily and monthly operations across the business
• [Core responsibility #3] Identify and drive top initiatives as pertains to the launch of Country 2 .
[Core responsibility #1]
• Plan and execute on assigned projects across Finance and HR. These projects are intended to improve business function while also giving you a crash-course in the internal workings of Victory Farm’s business.
• Ensure new project rollouts are fully adopted by the respective teams.
• Manage multiple projects at a time, ensuring timely delivery as per prescribed timelines.
• Coordinate with relevant stakeholders internally and externally to ensure projects are implemented to the standards required.
[Core responsibility #2]
• HR: Assist in recruitment of potential applicants, filing paperwork, completing employee documentation, recording data on each current employee; maintaining and filing paperwork of terminated or exiting employees
• HR: Help organize and manage new employee orientation, onboarding, and training
• HR: Provide documentation of employee absences, bonuses, and personal time to be used in payroll preparation
• HR: Assist in drawing up plans for future personnel hiring procedures and goals.
• Finance: Validate sales revenue; manage invoicing within established deadlines including posting collections, drawing up records, auditing invoices, and performing end-of-month closings
• Finance: Management reporting, taxation, risk management, and financial budgeting.
• Finance: Support in receivables and collections reporting. Processing payments and invoices accurately
• Finance: Management of inter-company transactions and balances.
[Core responsibility #3]
• Work with Director of Expansion to build HR headcount forecasts and recruitment strategy for Country 2 roll-out.
• Prepare financial reporting infrastructure, including templates and technologies to be used in preparation for Country 2.
• Review all financial reporting and HR legal requirements in preparation for Country 2 expansion.
• Identify gaps in our launch plan and act to support in ensuring they are remedied.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• University degree in Accounting/Finance/Business or a related field preferred
• 5+ years working in an Accounting/Finance/Management role, experience in HR and Recruitment a plus
• Fluency in Kinyarwanda a plus
• CPA / ACCA or equivalent qualifications is preferred but not mandatory.
• Held previous leadership positions at the companies you have worked for
• Excellent mentoring, coaching, and people management skills
• Advanced Computer skills with excellent knowledge of MS Excel
• Ability to form working relationships with people at all levels
• Must have high energy levels
• Excels in a startup environment by staying organized, not being afraid to take initiative, and willing to jump in and help wherever needed
• Capable and comfortable with working in a dynamic and rapidly evolving work environment (if successful you will be involved in scaling a business from 5 to several hundred employees)
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
• Location: Nairobi based for year 1, followed by a transition to Country 2 (likely Rwanda) after this period
• Status: Full time
• Start date: Immediate.
• Salary: Competitive, based on experience.
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.