Finance and Operations Officer
Jobs at:Pact Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, November 15 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, November 07 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• The Finance and Operation Officer is responsible for recording all financial transactions in the project accounting software and other financial data processing responsibilities in Pact Rwanda. The Finance and Operations Officer will assist the Sr. Finance and Operations Manager in preparing end-of-month financial reports, payroll, uploading statutory payments to local authorities, conducting bank reconciliations and reconciling suspense accounts. S/he will also assist in carrying out VAT tax exemption processes and refund local tax law and support the office operations. S/he will report directly to the Sr. Finance and Operations Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Reviewing all invoices that are received and preparing vouchers with supporting documentation for payment including petty cash transactions.
• Preparing and follow up of staff advances, Review and manage outstanding payable and receivable balances,
• Monthly filling all approved vouchers with their supporting documents in SharePoint
• Initiating payments through internet banking and recoding of transactions in the accounting software and Assist on the preparation of monthly financial report.
• Monthly Declarations of PAYE and RSSB contributions, withholding taxes and VAT claims and make proper follow up of rejected claims in a timely manner.
• Monthly Bank Reconciliation
• Assist in Preparation of Monthly Financial Report
• Monthly check the accuracy of submitted timesheets against the leave tracker.
• Managing stock and work closely with cleaners to ensure weekly request for the office need is prepared and all stock in and out are properly documented.
• Assumes primary responsibility for performance management activities, coordinating training schedules
• Facilitates recruitment activities, developing and posting job descriptions, screening candidates, and ensuring the seamless transition from candidate to employee
• Responsible for daily administrative duties and ad-hoc operations projects
• Manages the office leasing and maintenance, including supplies and furniture
• Manages operations and office procedures, as well as filling systems
• Enforces the policies and procedures that govern Pact Rwanda
• Ensure office equipment and supplied are properly maintained and serviced by ensuring that all assets are properly recorded and listed; all assets are properly tagged
• Coordinate and prepare for meetings, workshops, and events by assisting with registrations, payments, and confirmation, reserving rooms, and arranging for refreshments and necessary equipment. Managing attendance register
• Liaises with IT consultants and Pact Global IT to troubleshoot issues around the office
• Other duties as assigned. Perform other duties as assigned.
• A university degree in accounting or any other relevant Business Degree.
• 4 years of relevant experience, preferably with an international non-profit organization
• Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks while working independently.
• High degree of professionalism and ability to treat confidential material with sensitivity.
• Strong analytical skills
• High-level interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong computer skills including Excel and accounting software.
PACT HAS THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, INTERPRET OR APPLY THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN ANY WAY THE COMPANY DESIRES. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN NO WAY IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES, INCLUDING ESSENTIAL DUTIES, TO BE PERFORMED BY THE EMPLOYEE OCCUPYING THIS POSITION. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP REMAINS “AT WILL.” THE JOB REQUIREMENTS ABOVE ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE QUALIFIED DISABLED INDIVIDUALS.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• All applications with a motivation letter and CV shall be sent through the following email address: email@example.com not later than November 15, 2023 mentioning the position title as a subject to email.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.