Finance and Tax Specialist
Jobs at:KudiBooks Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
27 May 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, May 24, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Finance and Tax Specialist – KudiBooks Ltd
In order to achieve its financial and strategic goals (objectives), Kudibooks Hq is looking for an experienced and self motivated Finance And Tax Specialist to be part of its growing team.
The Finance And Tax Specialist will primarily ensure that intensive training on bookkeeping, financial training, taxation literacy, modern accounting practices, business controls, procedures and reporting are delivered to all the new/existing KudiBooks HQ clients and staff on a rolling basis. The job holder will also coordinate all tax payments integrations (EBM) with RRA platform, interact with and provide support to the operations and management team to ensure seamless resolution of issues.
He/ She will provide sound business decisions-making support to the management team of KUDIBOOKS through the accurate monitoring, reporting and analyzing of financial results (data) and Business projections.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
• Prepare and conduct comprehensive, continuous (intensive) Bookkeeping and taxation training to the entire KudiBooks HQ staff members, management and all clients (new and existing);
• Review the existing financial policy in KudiBooks HQ and recommend the key changes as per modern accounting standards (IFRS models reference);
• Prepare seasonal inclusive training on Bookkeeping, tax and financial literacy on multiple KUDIBOOKS HQ system users (companies)
• Elaborate and avail seasonal publications (articles) on Book-keeping, accounting,tax and financial literacy on KudiBooks website.
• Collaborate with sales teams on needed training materials as per sales pitch (customer segmentation)
• Assist Finance department to comply with international and local regulatory standards (Bodies);
• Perform timely assignments for taxation, Payroll processing, Financial Accounting and Reporting;
• Together with the management, define strict deadlines for legal or financial reasons (Accounting cycle);
• Set up and maintain a robust accounting system (updated Chart of accounts as per recent IFRS models)
• Ensure everything is done in observation of the IFRS standards
• Preparing annual reports, in compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS);
• Preparing monthly management accounts and reviewing support schedules;
• Monitoring and analyzing financial reports and records to identify any trend and act accordingly;
• Controlling charts of accounts by monitoring access rights in the KUDIBOOKS accounting system.
• Ensure that KudiBooks HQ complies with taxation and Statutory Returns
• Managing and reviewing audits of VAT returns and subsequent refund claims from RRA as per the VAT Act.
• Ensuring a strong focus on the capacity building of the entire team
• Timely reach out to the new prospective KUDIBOOKS clients
• Closing KUDIBOOKS financial related deals
• Establish and sustain a customer-centric relationship with KUDIBOOKS HQ
• Monitoring the productivity and effectiveness of direct reports.
• Performing any other duty as it may be assigned by the management
Qualifications And Key Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or Finance ( First and second class upper students will be highly considered)
• Having completed CPA/CFA/CMA or ACCA intermediate level (part2) is an additional value
• Post graduate studies (certificates) in taxation will be an added advantage;
• Minimum 2 years of experience in tax, auditing and Financial advisory firms
• Conversant with Advanced Excel or Python;
• Proven experience in internal reporting systems;
• Proven experience in QuickBooks, SAGE PASTEL or SUNPLUS ACCOUNTING;
• Conversant with MS office, especially Google docs and Advanced Excel;
• Excellent at financial modeling and IFRS;
• Experience in reconciliation (Banks and other balance sheet accounts);
• Attention to details and committed to deadlines;
• Outstanding communication skills, written and verbal;
• Conflicts management skills
• Extensive experience in Rwandan taxation system;
• Able to work under pressure, minimum or no supervision
• Excellent command of English and Kinyarwanda (Knowledge of French is an advantage
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered depending on the candidate profile and professional experience.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you feel that you fit in the aforementioned open vacancy, please send us a single PDF file via email at firstname.lastname@example.org by or before Friday, June 3rd, 2022 @6:00 PM Central Africa Time (GMT+2).
Application file should enclose the following items:
• Resume (CV) with three references
• Copy of the degree and certificates
• Copy of National identification card
• Academic credentials (transcripts)
The subject line should read “Application on Finance and Tax specialist”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.