Jobs at:Park Inn by Radisson
Deadline of this Job:
1st November 2019 at 4:30 pm
Date Posted: Thursday, October 24, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
POSITION: Financial Controller
REPORTS TO: General Manager
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
The Financial Controller is responsible for all hotel accounting and financial controls under the supervision of the General Manager, under the functional guidance of the Corporate Controller, within the policies and procedures as outlined in ECOMAN, according to Corporate policies and procedures, and according to local requirements and regulations. In addition, the job incumbent controls the overall hotel costs by managing the purchasing function. The function should be proactive, analyzing, and recommending alternative action in every respect, and operate in line with hotel and corporate policies and guidelines, and the hotel’s business plan. .
Tasks, Duties, and Responsibilities
• Maximizes cash flow performance of the hotel through controls on inventory, credit and collection, disbursements, deposits, and remittances
• Enforces, documents and establishes adequate controls for all revenues and expenses and protection of assets, and ensures controls will satisfy or improve the level of guest service
• Maintains accurate and timely financial and operating information and provides analyses, interpretations, and projections to management as required
• Conducts monthly inspections and tests to ensure all departments are complying with required procedures
• Performs duties as required by the Corporate/Regional Controller in respect of controls
• Follows up on all capital expenditures to ensure compliance with original justification and approval
• Assists and provides financial guidance in the formulation and implementation of the business plan, hotel and departmental budgets, and objectives programme, and manage relevant budgets appropriately
• Provides proactive administrative support to management with reference to policy enforcement, business advice, and operational assistance
• Obtains appropriate legal counsel regarding the business practices of the hotel, and maintains awareness of local rules, laws, and regulations
• Reviews prices and recommends changes to the General Manager
• Implements and maintains acceptable accounting practices and procedures as required by corporate policies and procedures, generally accepted accounting practices, and those affected by local conditions
• Participates in locally recognized professional and industry organizations in order to extend personal development and general awareness within the profession
• Maintains professional, proactive and technical competence in own field
• Provides safekeeping, including proper storage and access for all contracts, leases and other financial records
• Recommends and maintains an appropriate list of a delegation of authority for hotel management
• Performs related duties and special projects as assigned and required
• Analyzes and assists the Human Resources Manager in regards to employment contracts of new employees.
Direct and Manage Receiving and Storeroom Functions
• Directs and manages the purchasing and storeroom functions with its employees
• Utilizes leadership skills and motivation to maximize employee productivity and satisfaction
• Monitors hotel’s overall service and teamwork daily, and makes recommendations for improvement to Department Heads
• Selects and develops strategies to improve guest service and efficiency
Human Resources Management
• Screens, interviews and selects potential staff members to the Department
• Develops and recommends appropriate training to meet departmental needs
• Ensures that staff meets and exceeds the internal customers’ expectations by training and encouraging staff to provide Yes I Can! service
• Makes sure staff receives skills training to provide consistent, reliable and efficient work
• Encourages, develops and manages effective employee relations throughout the hotel
• Identifies employees with potential for promotion and/or transfer and makes appropriate development plans for him or her together with the Human Resources Manager
• Conducts, and guides Department Heads, and works closely with the Human Resources Manager on the following Human Resources related tasks:
• Performance appraisals
• Discipline and grievance
• Employee relations
• Succession planning
• Highly developed sense of reliability and correctness
• Outstanding communication skills in English and local language, French is an added advantage.
• Innovative and analytical
• Very good planning skills
• Must have above average skills in using Microsoft Office applications
• University degree in accountancy or Business Administration with above 5 years’ experience in the same role and at management level.
• Membership to a professional accountancy body e.g. ACCA, CPA e.t.c
Job Education Requirements: University Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 5 years
Job application procedure
• Application letter
• Academic Certificates
• Curriculum Vitae
• Copy of National ID or Passport
To apply for this exciting and rewarding opportunity, please forward your resume addressed to Human Resource Manager, via email only on email@example.com not later than 1st November 2019 at 4:30 pm.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
By sending in your application, you consent to Parkinn by Radisson running a background check on your record.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.