Jobs at:Mantis Kivu Marina Bay Hotel
Deadline of this Job:
18 January 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, January 12, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reports To: General Manager With A Dotted Reporting Line To The Regional Financial Controller
Primary Objective Of Position
The Financial Controller is responsible for all hotel accounting and financial controls under the supervision of the General Manager, under functional guidance of the Regional Financial Controller, within the policies and procedures as outlined in FOCUS, according to Corporate policies and procedures, and according to local requirements and regulations. In addition, the job incumbent controls the overall hotel costs by managing the purchasing function. The function should be proactive, analyzing, and recommending alternative action in every respect, and operate in line with hotel and corporate policies and guidelines, and the hotel’s business plan.
Major responsibilities include:
• Maximizes cash flow performance of the hotel through controls on inventory, credit and collection, disbursements, deposits and remittances
• Act as hotel’s credit manager
• Enforces, documents and establishes adequate controls for all revenues and expenses and protection of assets, and ensures controls will satisfy or improve the level of guest service
• Maintains accurate and timely financial and operating information and provides analyzes, interpretations and projections to management as required
• Conducts monthly inspections and tests to ensure all departments are complying with required procedures
• Performs duties as required by the Regional Financial Controller in respect of controls
• Follows up on all capital expenditures to ensure compliance with original justification and approval
• Assists and provides financial guidance in the formulation and implementation of the business plan, hotel and departmental budgets, and objectives programme, and manage relevant budgets appropriately
• Provides proactive administrative support to management with reference to policy enforcement, business advice and operational assistance
• Obtains appropriate legal counsel regarding the business practices of the hotel, and maintains awareness of local rules, laws and regulations
• Reviews prices and recommends changes to the General Manager
• Implements and maintains acceptable accounting practices and procedures as required by corporate policies and procedures, generally accepted accounting practices, and those affected by local conditions
• Participates in locally recognized professional and industry organizations in order to extend personal development and general awareness within the profession
• Maintains professional, proactive and technical competence in own field
• Provides safekeeping, including proper storage and access for all contracts, leases and other financial records
• Performs related duties and special projects as assigned and required
• Analyzes and assists Talent & Culture Manager in regards to employment contracts of new employees
• Directs and manages the purchasing and storeroom functions with its employees
• Utilises leadership skills and motivation to maximise employee productivity and satisfaction
• Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
• Coordinate external and internal audit activities;
• Assist and guide clearance of all queries raised by external as well as internal auditors;
• Follows all applicable laws, especially in accounting policies, procedures and guidelines
• Conducts all work according to prescribed guidelines. Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following knowledge, skills and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training.
Minimum qualifications and experience required
• Should have a bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or other related disciplines;
• Should hold ACCA or CPA qualification;
• Minimum 2-5 years’ experience as Finance Manager or Assistant Manager Position in the hotel industry.
• Experience with Hotel financial Management software.
• Relevant training certificates in the service in the Hospitality Industry.
• Be capable of maintaining strong internal controls in the course of duty discharge to prevent financial, legal, operational, and other perceivable risks;
• Have a strong mastery of accounting principles, concepts that maximize integrity of financial records and maintain strong internal controls;
• Having experience in auditing is an added advantage;
• Be capable of maintaining professional and technical knowledge by keeping current with financial manual, RRA regulations, procurement policy, and latest development in IFRS and other best practices;
• Excellent skills in use of spreadsheet mainly excel;
• Be deadline-oriented, great attention to details and readiness to work under pressure;
• Ability to take initiative and resolve queries in a practical and positive manner.
• Passion for delivering exceptional guest service.
• Able to work very well in a team, multicultural environments & looks for ways to motivate and challenge employees.
• Motivation letter explaining your suitability for the position,
• Curriculum vitae with 2 referee names,
• Notarized Academic Documents and certificates.
• Proof of ACCA or CPA completion.
• Criminal Record Form
• National ID.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should send their application documents using the "Apply" button below not later than 17th January 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
By sending in your application, you consent to Kivu Marina Bay Hotel running a background check on your record.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.