Financial Management Specialist
Jobs at:Ministry of Infrastructure (MININFRA)
Deadline of this Job:
26 May 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, May 18, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Financial Management Specialist
• Bachelor’s or Master’s in Accounting, Finance with CPA/CPFA intermediate level /ACCA Foundation Level (Completion of ACCA Applied skills papers) with three (3) years of relevant working experience;
• Bachelor’s or Master's Degree with API/PFM Certificate and 3 years of working experience in Public financial management related field; or
• Post Graduate Diploma or Master’s Degree in PFM with (1) year of experience in financial management;
• A transition period for professional certification requirement is three (3) years starting from 1st January, 2021. However, a new entrant without the required professional certification for a given job position shall not be eligible, one (1) year before the expiration of the transition period.
Required competencies and Key Technical Skills:
• Knowledge of Rwanda's financial management standards and procedures;
• Knowledge of Accounting principles and practices and financial data reporting ;
• Knowledge of the legal and institutional framework of Rwanda’s public finance management ;
• Knowledge of Management of Material resources;
• Knowledge of supply chain management;
• Collaboration and team working skills;
• Resource Management skills;
• Analytical skills;
• Problem Solving skills
• Decision Making skills;
• Risk Management skills;
• Result oriented
• Digital Literacy skill;
• Fluency in Kinyarwanda, English and/or French. Knowledge of all is an advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinate financial management and accounting services;
• Ensure that financial management and accounting guidelines and procedures are fully implemented;
• Maintain financial management and accounting records;
• Ensure timely payments including salaries and taxes;
• Ensure that the various financial management and accounting reports are prepared in a timely manner
• Ensure that management of receipts and execution of expenditure is duly approved in accordance with existing laws and regulations
• Prepare the necessary records for external audit;
• Coordinate the external audit process in collaboration with the auditor general’s office
• Coordinate and manage logistics of the Ministry;
• Participate in creation and review of annual logistics operating plans and forecasting,
• Provide financial management support to all related teams in Finance
• Establish and formalize financial management and control procedures.
• Participate in the preparation of work plans and annual budget
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates must submit an application letter addressed to the Permanent Secretary Ministry of Infrastructure, accompanied by updated and detailed curriculum vitae, copy of national identity card, and non-notified copies of academic documents.
Scanned application documents must be submitted in a single file by email to email@example.com not later than 26/05/2021 by 5 pm Kigali Time. For more details, please call 4247.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.