Jobs at:Umurage Communication for Development
Deadline of this Job:
02 December 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, November 22, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Address: Kimironko, Bibare Inshuti
KG 38 st, No 2
P.O Box: 7369, Kigali
Tel. +250 783833556
Title : Financial Officer
Reports To : Operations Director
Location : Kigali, Rwanda
Duration of the contract : 1 year renewable with availability of funds
Umurage Communication for Development (UmC) is a locally-registered Rwandan organization headquartered in Kigali, Rwanda that specializes in developing behavior change communications programs for radio, TV, social media and print media. For that purpose, UmC is seeking applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to provide financial and accounting services to its project based in Kigali.
The Financial Officer will provide assistance to the UmC Operations Director, and will work with the project team, donor agencies / institutions, for accounting and financial management of the project:
• Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports,
• Assist the Operations Director to ensure the management of any contracts, as necessary,
• Support the project team in all procurement, logistics, office management and banking activities,
• Receive and process all payments both Internal and External,
• Prepare the VAT reports and submit the VAT claims to RRA on a monthly basis,
• Processing Staff Salaries on timely basis,
• Declaration of Taxes and Payroll Liabilities (PAYE, CSR& Withholding taxes) to RRA within deadlines,
• Ensure a proper filing system of all Payments, Cash Receipts and Journal vouchers,
• Providing to Internal and External Auditors sampled Vouchers or documents;
• Review the CTL (Close-The-Loop) report from Warehouse,
• Enforce compliance with GOR, DONOR, UmC policies and procedures (Compliance).
• Payment Trucking Tools and Budget execution tracking,
• Monthly Reconciliation Report and all related financial reports.
• Provide any other service related to his mission as may be requested by the supervisor
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
• At least four years of proven & progressive experience in financial management or similar field.
• Experience with the financial management system of multi-lateral donors.
• Experience in payroll and tax services
• Demonstrable knowledge of public procurement policies and procedures
• At least Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
• Good mastery of English and French.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
The application file containing the following application documents must be consolidated in one PDF file & submitted to the UmC Management no later than December 2, 2022, via the email: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Marketing and Communications Officer” in the subject line.
The application file must include:
• Motivation letter of one page maximum.
• Updated CV of 2 pages maximum which has 3 professional references, including current and previous direct supervisors with their full names, phone number and email address.
• Notarised academic degrees.
• Previous employment certification.
Shortlisting and interviews will be done on rolling basis until the position is filled. Only applicants fulfilling the above requirements will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within two weeks from the submission, consider your application unsuccessful"
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.