Financial Planning and Reporting Coordinator
Jobs at:Rwanda Bridges to Justice
Deadline of this Job:
27 May 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, May 05, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Financial Planning and Reporting Coordinator
RBJ is a local nongovernmental organisation dedicated to protecting the basic rights of individuals in Rwanda, and member of International Bridges to Justice organisation. Specifically, RBJ strives to ensure all citizens the right to competent legal representation and the right to a fair trial.
Approved Draft of the Accountant Advert to be posted on Jobs in Rwanda.
About Rwanda Bridges To Justice (Rbj)
Rwanda Bridges to Justice (RBJ) is a local non-profit organization registered with Rwanda Governance Board. Using a neutral, and collaborative approach, we work to strengthen justice institutions and improve Rule of Law through enabling Access to Justice. Specifically, we work to guarantee the basic legal rights of ordinary individuals in Rwanda.
The Accounts will be assigned tasks according to the needs of the organisation that include but are not limited to:
• Preparing annual project budgets and cash flow to ensure that cost allocation ratio is adhered to.
• Monitor projects budget utilization at the cluster level and provide information on levels of spending and any financial irregularity to the relevant Managers.
• Timely upload with the accuracy of project budgets in the system and timely fund commitment.
• Prepare, examine, and analyse accounting records, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and compliance with donor-specific reporting and procedural standards & requirements by ensuring project-related payments are done on time and transactions are properly recorded and posted in set up systems.
• Financial Report Accuracy and timely payment.
• Monitor Cluster bank accounts and prepare bank reconciliation on a monthly basis, process cash transfer to ensure sufficient funds on the account for payments and prepare monthly funding requests in line with the budget guidelines.
• Ensure the accuracy of monthly bank reconciliation and cluster funds request
• Maintain efficient management of Cluster Assets and conduct a regular inventory to reconcile system reports and physical count of assets and maintain an update assets register; and ensure proper fleet management.
• Monthly physical inventory and cluster assets reconciliation
• Participate in procurement meetings, process, and ensure cost-effectiveness through the competitive bidding process, quality product and compliance with donor-specific procurement requirements, policies, and guidelines.
• Ensure a competitive bidding process with a quality product
• Ensure that Cluster balance sheet accounts are monthly and quarterly reviewed, analyzed and reconciled by ensuring accurate balances.
• Staff cluster Advances are cleared on a monthly basis without any outstanding.
• Work with Auditors and provide relevant information as far as a financial audit is concerned and ensure timely implementation of audit recommendations.
• Timely implementation of Audit recommendations
• Participate in proposal writing with the view to provide financial advice and develop project lifetime budget in line with Donor budgeting templates and guidelines.
• Financial advice provided, proposals including the project budget life time submitted to potential donors within the deadlines and in accordance to WV and donor requirement.
• Participate in partner capacity assessment and ensure accurate and timely submission of partner financial accountability.
• Advance for Partners accounts reconciliation.
• Preparing journal vouchers
• Enter all journal entries into the accounting software
• Reconcile Ledger Accounts.
• Produce daily transactions posting report
• Maintain Softcopies and hard copies of detailed records of supporting documentation for all payments transactions
• Ensure all documents are stamped and filed appropriately
• Verify completeness of all vouchers prior to posting ensuring that all necessary attachments are included
• Follow up on accounts receivables before closing the report
• Follow up with managers to ensure that advances are accounted for on time
• Manage staff advances requisitions in QuickBooks, through reviewing accountabilities, reviewing reconciliations
• Provide status reports to staff on a weekly basis
• Receiving and reviewing invoices and preparing vouchers
• Receiving and verifying requisitions and preparing vouchers
• Paying vendors and responding to all inquiries regarding finance
• Disbursement of petty cash
Desired Skills and proficiencies:
• Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and principles.
• Proven knowledge of various donor regulations and requirements
• Experience with creating financial statements
• Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
• Excellent accounting software user
• Good Experience for work on MS Office (especially Word & Excel)
• Data Entry Management
• Planning and Organizing
• IT and communication skills
• Communication and organizational skills: verbal, writing and presentation skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Proactive in problem-solving.
• Self-motivation and ability to work independently, in a team and under pressure.
• Commitment to diversity.
• Ability to work in a team.
• Accounting, commerce or business administration degree from a leading university, a masters in any of the mentioned fields is an added advantage. ACCA Part II or CPA qualified
Experience And Skills
• At least 3 years of experience in a complex commercial or development sector organization. Significant budgeting and reporting experience, understanding of budgeting and forecasting.
• Computer fluency; highly competent using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and experience working in complex financial systems like Sun systems, Agresso, PeopleSoft etc.
• A flair for figures and analysis
• Experience of working in a fast-paced environment with high levels of change and quick turnaround times, whilst delivering to the highest standards.
Judgement and Decision-Making
• The jobholder should have a high level of decision-making ability and is authorized to make decisions/take actions on the majority of operational matters in the accounting section.
• Decisions that require consultation with the line Manager and other senior managers include major strategic issues, policy/procedural changes, approval of M&E budgets and plans and financial decisions outside budget.
The salary is commensurate with qualifications, experience and the number of tasks to be taken on.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please email your application with a CV and cover letter (one page maximum for each) highlighting your key skills, supporting documents and your availability to firstname.lastname@example.org cc. email@example.com by the 27th of May 2022 at 15:30hrs Rwandan time in Doc or Pdf Format marking that you are "Applying for the Accountant Role with RBJ" in capital letters.
The Cover letter should be addressed to:
The Head of Human resource
Rwanda Bridges to Justice
Century Park, Kigali-Rwanda
Suitable applicants will be contacted by Rwanda Bridges to Justice for an interview. Application that does not follow the instructions given or are incomplete will not be considered.
As a non-governmental organization, RBJ strives to respect and promote gender equality in all aspects of our work and we thus encourage female candidates to apply.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.