Financial Reporting and Tax Accountant
Deadline of this Job:
27 September 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, September 15, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Horizon Construction is Rwanda’s leading local construction company that focuses on infrastructure development. This includes: road construction, housing, energy and water resources Horizon Construction has an established track record of successful completion of quality civil engineering projects across Rwanda.
The Financial Reporting and Tax accountant reports directly to the Chief Finance Officer
• Performs a variety of accounting tasks including but not limited to preparing journal entries, reconciling various balance sheet accounts
• Processing and reconciling interfacing sub-systems to the general ledger, and preparing work papers and internal schedule based on financial results
• Responsible for internal and external reporting
• Providing support for the quarterly earnings release process
• Interaction with business unit controllers departments, , other Corporate departments
• Participating in special projects as may arise
• Working with external auditors on quarterly reviews and year-end audit
• Control and validate company expense allocations
• Develop, implement, modify and document recordkeeping and accounting systems, making use of appropriate computer technology.
• Review accounting entries to ensure its completeness and accuracy
• Recording all payment transactions, depreciation, Provisions and other adjustments.
• Maintaining prepayment schedules and ensure their reconciliation with accounts.
• Reconciling fixed assets register and accounts, monthly depreciation.
• Ensure the accuracy, compliance of tax payments and booking tax transactions.
• Working with external auditors to perform their audit assignment.
• Production of Management accounts
Academic Qualification and required experience:
• University degree degree in Finance, Accounting / any other related field or ongoing ACCA
• A minimum of 2 years of relevant working experience in the area of finance or accounting
• Following accounting professional course (CPA, ACCA)
• Good organizational skills
• Good reporting skills
• Have an excellent MS Office skills (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
• Ability to organize work independently in an effective manner
• Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy confidentiality concerning financial
• Knowledge of computer applications and basic financial accounting
• Good knowledge of English.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
An Application Letter addressed to the CEO, Horizon Group Ltd
• A Comprehensive CV With three Referees
• Copies of Academic and Professional Certificates
• Photocopy of Identity Card
Qualified and Interested Candidates may apply at Horizon email address firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 23rd September 2022 at 5 pm. incomplete applications will not be considered. Only short listed Candidates will be contacted.
In case of any concern, contact +250 788400652
Done at Kigali, 13th September 2022
CEO, Horizon Group Ltd.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.