Fintech Product Specialist and Advisor
Jobs at:Cedar Africa Group
Deadline of this Job:
24 December 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, December 13, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Fintech Product Specialist and Advisor
Our client Access to Finance Rwanda is recruiting for a Fintech Product Specialist and Advisor. The role will work with the Rwanda Finance Limited team in partnership with the Ministry of ICT and Innovation to further develop and execute the Rwanda fintech strategy implementation plan.
Access to Finance Rwanda (AFR) is a Rwandan not for profit company established in 2010 by the Governments of Rwanda and United Kingdom with funding from the UK’s Foreign, Commonwealth Development Office (FCDO) and the World Bank. AFR is currently funded by Sweden, Jersey Overseas Aid, and the MasterCard Foundation.
Access to Finance Rwanda is part of the broader Financial Sector Deepening (FSD) in Africa that seeks to create a transformative impact on the ending of poverty by supporting efforts to improve financial inclusion and financial sector development by helping financial institutions and markets drive a more inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
AFR supports the removal of systemic barriers that hinder access to financial services by low-income people, particularly the rural poor, women, youth and MSMEs. AFR supports the development and provision of financial services including savings, credit, insurance, investment, payments, and remittances.
Rwanda Finance Limited (RFL) is a company promoting and developing Rwanda as a leading financial destination for international investment and cross-border transactions in Africa.
Rwanda Finance Limited works with key stakeholders to develop and promote Kigali International Financial Centre through investment promotion, policy advocacy and sector upskilling. It also works to establish the regulatory framework for Kigali International Financial Centre to become a leading international financial center. RFL is also supporting the growth of fintech in Rwanda through partnerships and collaboration with the public and private sector.
About the Ministry of ICT and Innovation:
MINICT has the mission to address national priorities relating to economic growth and poverty reduction through development and coordination of national policies and programs related to information, technology, communication, and innovation as well as citizen’s empowerment.
The GoR through the ministry of ICT and in collaboration with AFR, developed a draft 5-year fintech strategy. The draft strategy details the priority fintech sub sectors, constraints limiting the growth of fintech in Rwanda, and remedies to said constraints.
The Fintech product specialist is responsible for developing and executing the fintech strategy implementation plan. He/she will collaborate with key public and private sector stakeholders to create an environment for the growth of local, regional, and global fintechs, to thrive in Rwanda. The role requires an experienced business development or product professional who can build relationships with fintechs, understand their challenges, identify opportunities, structure, and coordinate discussions with key players to support growth of fintech in Rwanda. The fintech product specialist will work with the Rwanda Finance Limited team to develop an implementation plan based on the Rwanda fintech strategy and oversee its implementation.
Reporting line: The position reports to the Chief Investment Officer at Rwanda Finance Limited.
Supervises: The Fintech Legal and Compliance Expert
Scope of Responsibilities
The Fintech Product Specialist will be responsible for the following key tasks:
• Create an actionable, 5-year fintech strategy with a detailed roadmap in collaboration with the fintech ecosystem in Rwanda.
• Work closely with fintechs, existing and prospective partners to identify strategic partnership, product development, and investment opportunities.
• Review the fintech strategy and create the fintech strategy Blueprint
• Create implementation plan in collaboration with key stakeholders in the financial sector.
• Articulate the overall vision of a digitally enabled financial sector that supports the improvement of livelihoods for all Rwandans
• Lead the fintech strategy implementation team.
• Activity, requirements, and resource planning for the fintech strategy implementation projects.
• Oversee cost estimations and developing the overall budget.
• Analyse and manage fintech strategy implementation project risks.
• Monitor progress of fintech strategy implementation projects.
• Provide periodic reports to RFL, AFR and MINICT.
• Oversee communication management.
• Collaborate with different stakeholders such as regulators, policy makers, innovation hubs, fintechs, financial service providers, and academia, on various activities.
• Work with the RFL team to identify and deliver impactful fintech development events.
• Work with the RFL Business Development team to attract Fintechs in Rwanda
• Manage client & prospect pipelines, priorities, deals, follow-ups, execute reports, and ad-hoc requests consistently and as needed.
• Identify key partners that will support the implementation of the fintech strategy in terms of capacity upskilling, market research, and fintech subject matter expertise.
• Develop position/guidance papers on identified fintech subsectors namely Paytech & Lendtech, Alternative finance, wealthtech & regtech, suptech & regtech, open finance and any other focus area deemed important by the fintech ecosystem in Rwanda.
• Provide guidance and thought leadership to the fintech eco system and collaborate with policy makers to develop relevant policy reform papers.
• Develop thought leadership pieces and technical briefs around Fintech to inform the fintech ecosystem on emerging trends, opportunities, innovations, and advice on the next move for Rwanda to stay a competitive and leading jurisdiction on the continent regarding FinTech positioning. Education and Qualifications
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field. Advanced degrees such as Masters or PhDs will be an added advantage.
• A minimum of 10+ years business experience with related product or business development experience in payments, financial services, or fintech industries.
Job Related Experience and Knowledge
• Experience in emerging FinTech platforms and technologies.
• Demonstrated track record of planning, managing, and closing a complex, competitive sales effort and managing deals from negotiation, to closing and through delivery.
• Proven record of implementing strategic initiatives, policies, and operational decisions.
• Strategic thinking and thought leadership
• Development of regulatory position and or guidance papers on fintech related regulations.
• Teamwork, interpersonal & relationship-building skills, and ability to lead by influence and example
• Proven ability to partner, communicate and manage/navigate through multiple disciplines and organizational groups
• Experience “managing up”, building Executive Level communications and delivering presentations.
• Experience working with different stakeholders including regulators, government ministries, public and private sector.
• Ability to work within a complex and often ambiguous environment, and to influence senior management and other relevant parties.
• Executive presence; Strong written and oral communication, including large-group presentations.
• Team oriented, collaborative and flexible
• Ability to influence and work within a complex, multi-agency environment.
• Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of French is a plus
• High degree of professionalism, ethical sensitivity, and discretion.
• Works well in a start-up environment, with an evolving team and structure
• Ability to work effectively in teams and with key public and private sector actors at all levels of seniority.
Qualified Rwandans and Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
Note: This position is open to candidates in Africa and the rest of the world with relevant experience and qualifications.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
The application should contain a Resume with an e-mail address, daytime telephone contact, qualifications, achievements, experience, and names and addresses of three professional referees together with a cover letter (maximum 2 pages) summarizing why you consider yourself particularly well suited for the position.
Do not attach any other documents at this point. All applications will be selected on merit and only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
Closing date for applications: 10 January 2023 at 5.00 pm East African Time (EAT).
If you encounter any problems with the application process, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.