Food Security Coordinator in Rwanda
Jobs at:Mennonite Central Committee (MCC)
Deadline of this Job:
Sunday, April 16 2023
Date Posted:Sunday, April 16 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Based in Kigali, the MCC Rwanda Food Security Coordinator will provide technical support to MCC staff and partners working on Food Security Projects including the World Food Program (WFP) funded Conservation Agriculture (CA) project and other new food security (FS) related projects to be implemented. S/he will guide MCC advocacy efforts around CA, coordinate planning and follow-up on FS program achievements, ensure adherence to technical standards and timely reporting. S/he will work closely with the partners to ensure effective implementation of the project plan with the support of MCC country team and Southern and Central Africa and Nigeria (SCAN) regional office.
Location City: Kigali, Rwanda with frequent travel to project locations
Reporting to: Country Representative for Rwanda and Burundi
Duration of Contract: 12 months (Renewable depending on availability of funds)
Responsibilities and Tasks include but not limited to:
• Provide technical support to project design, the successful implementation, comprehensive planning, monitoring, and evaluation plans for the CA & FS related interventions.
• Ensure quality and timely planning & implementation of the CA & FS activities in accordance with WFP requirements and other partners guidelines.
• Engage multiple stakeholders at strategic and higher levels.
• Manage the day-to-day implementation and undertake regular meetings and field visits to assess progress, and to ensure quality standards.
• Implementing an MCC CA advocacy plan including the organization and facilitation of CA knowledge sharing meetings on CA/FS and development of evidence-based advocacy tools.
• Ensure that project spending is on track based on monthly projections; and track the spending.
• In cooperation with partner team, ensure proper data collection mechanisms are in place and are utilized regularly.
• Coordinate with MCC network and technical focal persons to ensure capacity building and training development for the CA & FS team members on various programmatic areas including CA and other good agricultural practices.
• Ensure that all project related procurement is well planned and takes place on time.
• Ensure original receipts are kept safely and submitted with the report.
• Be the contact person for the WFP project.
• Ensure all the paperwork is up to date with the project and supporting documents are stored in relevant platforms, including in PlanWin.
• Participate actively in programming work in technical coordination and leadership to ensure relevance and quality of the project.
• Provide technical back stopping support to the partners’ field team.
• Support capacity building in the SCAN Region by sharing developed resources, tools, and strategies related to promoting CA and improved agronomic practices.
• Any other relevant task as requested by the line manager in scope of the project(s).
• Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Engineering, Environment Science, Food security or other agriculture related subjects.
• 4-5 years of relevant experience with non-Governmental organizations, including the coordination of inter-organizational networks and working groups or 3-5 years’ work experience in planning, management and implementation of agriculture and/or food security projects.
• Rich experience working with CA and farmer field schools, preferably in the Rwandan context.
• Experience working with budgets, including managing financial outlays and expenditures.
• Strong knowledge of the program management cycle, and related process and structures for quality program management.
• Strong public speaking and other communication skills.
• Experience in developing effective advocacy strategies, messages, and implementation plans.
• Excellent skills in adult learning and training workshop facilitation.
• Robust analytical and research skills.
• Able to identify program challenges and communicate alternatives for smooth program implementation.
• Committed to increasing gender equality and integrating a gender perspective in all areas of food security work.
• Ability to coach and mentor staff in a cross-cultural environment.
• Excellent written and spoken Kinyarwanda and English language skills
• Excellent interpersonal and team skills.
• Effective procurement, contract management, and organizational skills.
• Excellent skills MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
• Pro-active and helpful attitude, ready to take on variety of new tasks.
• Ability to multi-task and to manage competing priorities.
• Able to drive (manual car) with a valid driver’s license.
Organizational values and culture: All MCC workers are expected to exhibit a commitment to a personal Christian faith and discipleship; active church membership; and nonviolent peacemaking. MCC is an equal opportunity employer, committed to employment equity. MCC values diversity and invites all qualified and female candidates to apply.
Anti-oppression commitment: MCC expects all staff to actively participate in an organization culture that focuses on dismantling any barriers based on race, economic inequality or gender-based oppression. This includes an expectation to assess and address any barriers within themselves, within their team(s), and within MCC.
Safeguarding commitment: All MCC Staff are expected to work collaboratively to create and maintain an organizational culture that prevents and responds to situations of abuse of power (sexual harassment, child abuse, racism, exploitation, and fraud among other situations).
Would you like to join us?
Job Experience:No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should submit their curriculum vitae and academic records with a cover letter explaining why they are interested in the position, highlighting the personal attributes which make them suited for this role.
Applications with Food Security Coordinator in subject will be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org and fill This Form by April 25th 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.