Grant Accountant – PAC Project
Jobs at:World Vision
Deadline of this Job:
22 February 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, February 14, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Grant Accountant – PAC Project
World Vision is a child-focused Christian humanitarian organization implementing development programs in 30 Districts of Rwanda. Our interventions in the strategic period of 2021-2025 seek to reach 2 million of the most vulnerable children. This is done through programming in Resilience and Livelihoods, WASH and Health, Child Protection, and Education.
World Vision Rwanda seeks to hire a highly qualified, dedicated, and experienced Rwandan national for the role of Grant Accountant joining an established and experienced team. This stimulating position incorporates a range of skills and development in multiple areas, allowing for an exciting opportunity for career growth in a dynamic, global organization. It will be based in Kigali, Rwanda, and reports to the Grants Finance Manager
Purpose of the position:
The Grant Accountant of the project will oversee the financial management and control for the project; verify all expenses and receipts and ensure they are allocated to their cost centers accounts in line with WV and consortium members’ financial policies and procedures.
The major responsibilities include:
% of time-activity activity Activity
• 20% Prepare Prepare and monitor the project budget, project cash flows, year-to-date spending, and funding requests to ensure that the project has adequate budgets to implement related activities throughout the year by ensuring project PBAS updated and inform the project manager on the status of funds commitment.
• 15% Prepare and analyze accounting records and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and compliance with WV, Support Office, and donor-specific reporting and procedural standards & requirements, by ensuring project-related payments are done on time and transactions are properly recorded and posted in the solar system. Process the VAT refund every month and ensure the accuracy of invoices in order to have all VAT refunded by RRA.
• 10% Review the projects related financial transactions to ensure that they fall within the approved scope of project activities and donor requirements and those they comply with the financial procedures and FFM requirements.
• 15% Prepare and analyze monthly and quarterly project financial reports for their accuracy and adequacy, before submitted to SO / donor, in respect to full disclosure and that they present a true and fair view of the activities of the grant for the respective period.
• 15% Facilitate internal and external auditors and provide relevant information as far as audit is concerned and ensure timely implementation of audit recommendations.
• 10% Participate in proposal writing with the view to provide financial advice and develop project lifetime budget in line with WV and Donor budgeting templates and guidelines in case of extension and/or project budget amendment.
• 15% Maintain an efficient management of project Assets, conduct regular inventory to reconcile sun system reports and physical count of assets as per WV’s asset policy and procedures and maintain an updated asset register, and ensure proper management of inventory and fuel.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
Required Professional Experience
• Minimum of 3 years experience in the accounting profession within a busy organization or projects
• Proven experience in project budget management
• Proven practical knowledge of financial systems and internal controls
• Experience in working with auditors both internal and external
• Good oral and written communication skills required
Required Education,training, license,registration, andcertification
• A minimum Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• Skills and ability to organize and conduct trainings
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
• Accounting certifications such as ACCA, CPA, CFA, etc
• Good command of Microsoft spreadsheets preferably Microsoft Excel, Vision, and Sun system software
• Gateway to Grants certification
• Experience with bilateral or multilateral-funded projects.
The salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
N.B: Women are highly encouraged to apply.">
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Should you wish to apply for this position, please go to
If this is your first time applying online via the World Vision International careers website, you will need to register an account along with your application details. This site will provide you with additional functionality, such as saved searches and email alerts. Registration requires minimal information to create your account. Further details will be collected during the application process.
All applicants must apply using our online application system, CVs received via email or standard post will NOT be considered.
In case you face any challenges in applying, please let us know at email@example.com (no applications will be accepted through this email).
The closing date for submission of applications is 22 February 2023; no late applications will be accepted.
As a child-focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks.
Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.