Jobs at:Never Again Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
29 July 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reports to Head of finance
Internal relationships Senior Management Team (SMT), Programme Team Leaders
Job location The job is based in Kigali; however, the post holder should expect to spend up to 20% of the time occasionally in different provinces of Rwanda.
Contract Duration Renewable Annually
The most crucial part of their job is to manage and identify potential grant support from donors, to meet the financial and operational needs of the organization. It requires a methodological and analytical approach of a grant manager to meet such requirements.
They also need to provide clear communication of proper rules and regulations for approving grants, its specifications, requirements and objectives across all beneficiaries, the organization and the management. Specific Responsibilities
• Managing and supporting the grants requirement and implementation for the organization
• Identify and develop strategies to optimize the grants administration process
• Oversee if the grants are implemented according to the operational and financial needs of the organization
• Keep the relevant staff informed about upcoming deadlines and deliverables, thereby ensuring smooth completion of work responsibilities
• Oversee the job of invoicing, accounting, reporting, and other administrative functions to ensure successful execution of grant process
• Prepare financial or budget plans and allocation along with the programs and finance department in accordance with each requirement
• Analyse the budget trends and make recommendations for cost control and reduction for various grants
• Provide detailed reports to the funders and the management with respect to the organization's progress
• Monitor paperwork and other related documents connected with grant-funded programs
• Maintain records of all payments and receivables and prepare monthly reports for all grant related activities
• Bachelor’s degree (or 3-5 years of work experience with non-profit administration, grant writing, or fundraising)
• 3+ years of experience in fundraising, grant writing or grants management;
• Demonstrated analytical and persuasive writing skills experience as well as superior editing skills, including ability to convey complex information in a clear manner to a diverse audience;
• Strong administrative skills and self-motivated with the ability to set priorities and manage multiple tasks under minimal supervision in effective and efficient manner;
• Ability to work under pressure and respond to deadlines without sacrificing quality;
• Extensive working experience with civil society or international cooperation in grant management
• Proven record of delivering high quality professional outputs
• An ability to work within tight deadlines
The desired skills and experience:
• Excellent project management skills with experience in managing and supervising administrative projects
• Possess excellent organizational skills
• Strong command over written and verbal communication
• Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
• Good understanding of the organization's overall goals and its objectives
• Possess good knowledge of planning and strategizing financial and budgeting issues
• Ability to work within a team and provide support to finance unit
• Ability to perform in cross-functional team approach and job responsibilities
• Experience financial management skills including developing and monitoring budgets and financial reporting
• A multi-tasker with strong ability to work under pressure
• Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and produce quality results on time with attention to detail.
• Proficient in using computers with related knowledge of software programs and Internet
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Interested candidates should submit their CVs and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than July 29th, 2022, at 5pm. “Grant Manager” MUST BE included in the subject line of the application email to be considered.
• Please note that due to high volume of applications, ONLY short-listed candidates will be contacted.
• NAR is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender. Individuals from vulnerable groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
• All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
• NAR does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
• A work plan of yearly objectives will need to be produced between the line manager and employee at the start of the year in January, after the annual planning of yearly programme activities and events have been completed.
• The list of responsibilities is by no means exhaustive, and the post holder may be requested to undertake other relevant and appropriate duties as required. The job description may be subject to regular review and appropriate modification.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.