Grant and Business Development Manager
Jobs at:Three Stones International
Deadline of this Job:
20 March 2022
Date Posted: Friday, March 11, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Grant and Business Development Manager
Operational since 2012, Three Stones was established in Rwanda to help support and build the capacity of local organizations. Since this time we have worked in over ten countries.
To better reflect and support our growth and enable expansion into new markets and countries, in 2017, Three Stones International, LLC was registered in the United States as a minority-owned small-business.
Grant And Business Development Manager
Place Of Employment: Kigali, Rwanda
Direct Supervisor: Managing Director, Rwanda
Three Stones International Rwanda Overview
Three Stones was established in Rwanda in 2012 with the goal to support and build capacity of local organizations. Operating as an international consulting firm, we have conducted over 80assessments, evaluations, and social research assignments as well as more than 30 strategic and action plans for local and international organizations.
We are a research, management and development firm who capitalizes on years of experience to provide locally originated development solutions. Through a responsive bottom-up approach Three Stones values grassroots organizations and their commitment to affecting change at all societal levels, and the innovative spirit of our staff who provide creative solutions.
Three Stones International Rwanda is seeking a qualified grants and business development manager with over 10 years of experience in grant management to join our growing team. Candidates holding the qualifications outlined below are encouraged to apply.
Role And Responsibilities:
• Plan and execute the grantmaking process by working with the finance and programs team to work within the annual budget, support program staff in researching funding opportunities, manage documents and deadlines, track grantee results
• Oversee and manage overall grant administrative functions to ensure efficient and consistent grant administration.
• Research funding opportunities and prepare technical & financial proposals
• Ability to support in research (data collection, analysis and or report writing) to inform proposal development and ongoing project work.
• Analyze and present grant reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly and annual statements and reporting as needed by TSIR or donors.
• Manage timelines and grant deliverables
• Review donor and partner agreements ensuring the financial terms and conditions are compatible with TSIR systems and guidelines and are favorable to quality implementation and reporting
• Ensure all project expenditures and contracts follow terms and conditions of donor agreements.
• Ensure financial and programmatic compliance of the grant to contractual obligations, donor requirements and TSIR policies.
• Prepare and monitor budgets
• Support annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the executive management; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes; and keep senior leadership team abreast of progress towards key milestones
• Implement a robust grant management / reporting system; ensure that the grant billing schedule is adhered to and that financial and programmatic reporting is well articulated.
• Implement all necessary business development policies and suggest improvement in overall policy and procedure manuals as they pertain to grant compliance
• Hold regular consultation with TSIR Finance & Administration Manager and audit service providers
• Carry out any other duties as may be required by MD or Executive Management
Qualification & Expertise Requirements:
• Must have at least Bachelor’s degree in business administration or equivalent
• Must have at least 10 years of proven work experience in reputed companies or non-government organizations. Having experience both in NGOs and companies would be an added asset.
• Ability to effectively research new markets
• Ability to prepare technical & financial proposals to business opportunities
• Must have at least 4 years of proven work experience at a managerial level
• Proven experience managing USAID funded contracts/grants is required
• Proven IT skills (databases, MS Office, etc.) and experience with planning software
• Proven experience with excel is a must (Pivot tables, advanced formulas)
• Experience managing sub grantees and drafting subawards
• Knowledgeable in Cash Flow & forecast
• Ability to prepare professional presentations to donors and relevant stakeholders
• Knowledge of auditing policies
• Knowledge of donor agencies
• Strong writing skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills in English, other languages being an asset (French & Kinyarwanda)
• Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
Applicants who meet or exceed the outlined qualifications are encouraged to visit our website before applying to determine if Three Stones International Rwanda is a good match: www.threestonesinternational.com . We consider ourselves entrepreneurs and are looking for creative people who are self motivated, able to work independently as well as with a team, and who are full of ideas and enthusiasm. Please email a portfolio of work conducted independently, a CV, and contact information of three professional references to email@example.com . Include “Job Application: Graphic Designer” in the subject line. Questions and clarifications about the role are welcome up until application deadline. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Applications will be accepted until March 20 2022 at 5pm Kigali time. Salary offering will be commensurate with experience and placed on the TSIR internal salary scale. Three Stones is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Women and young people are especially encouraged to apply.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.