Jobs at:EarthEnable Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
11 November 2021
Date Posted: Saturday, October 09, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: Grants Manager
Who We Are
At EarthEnable, we believe that our clients deserve our very best, that morning high-fives are the best way to start the day, and that the best ideas can come from any part of the company. We celebrate each other’s wins, learn from our setbacks, and are deeply proud of the impact we make every day. We believe that a clean, dust-free floor means more than living in a healthy home. It means pride and dignity in the place our customers treasure most: their homes. Being a part of our team means more than building floors: it means building an organization and building a better future for rural families.
What We Do
EarthEnable is transforming the way people live, by making homes healthier for families across rural Rwanda and Uganda. 62% of Rwandans and Ugandans live in homes with dirt floors which are dusty, unsanitary, and fertile breeding grounds for parasites and germs. While replacing a dirt floor with concrete has significant health benefits (e.g. reducing diarrhea by 50% and parasitic infections by 80%), concrete is unaffordable for many who need it.
EarthEnable addresses this pressing and ubiquitous problem by selling high-quality, earthen floors that are 80% cheaper than concrete with 96% less carbon emissions. Our earthen floors are composed of natural materials (gravel, clay, sand, and laterite) and sealed using a proprietary drying oil that makes them waterproof, strong, and polished. EarthEnable trains and certifies micro-franchisees who run their own businesses selling and installing the floors in their communities. EarthEnable has already helped 50,000 people to live on clean, beautiful floors across Rwanda and Uganda, and has big plans to scale across East Africa and beyond in the coming years.
About the Role
EarthEnable’s Grants Manager will lead the Grants and Fundraising Team, working directly with the CEO to help EarthEnable shape the future of rural housing and health. He or she will compose grant applications, advise and support the Executive team and CEO in developing a fundraising strategy, develop and execute fundraising campaigns, liaise with internal and external stakeholders, report outcomes to donors, and upskill other employees in grant writing and reporting. The Grants Manager will also get the chance to work on special projects depending on their interests. The successful candidate will be an ambitious, hard-working, and passionate individual who possesses a strong sense of social mission, thrives in a fast-paced, start-up environment, excels at working autonomously, and demonstrates an unparalleled ability to multi-task while being detail-oriented. Specific responsibilities of the role will include:
Development and Fundraising:
• Continuously exploring and evaluating the funding landscape, especially by conducting online research to find grant opportunities
• Opportunistically applying for funding opportunities including writing proposals and budgets
• Frequently visiting the field operations to accurately and effectively communicate our impact
• Developing relationships with potential partner institutions and leveraging them into institutional sales
• Reaching out to potential donors to set up phone calls or meetings and having initial conversations on funding
• Working closely with finance to ensure current restricted and unrestricted grants are managed properly
• Managing a cadence of personalized donor communication
• Managing grant reporting including financial reports
• Ensuring seamless potential and existing donor visits
• Training and managing the Grants Associate in fundraising, grant writing, and communications
• Upskilling other employees or new hires in general writing
• Ensuring that the Board of Directors, funders, and other key stakeholders get frequent updates about wins and worries, along with dashboards of key metrics
• Helping to manage corporate marketing (social media, newsletters, website, annual report, etc.)
• Supporting and training Executive Assistant in administrative tasks such as CEO scheduling, email management, event planning, flight bookings, etc.
• Assisting on special projects to improve the organization, efficiency, and fundraising potential of the company as needed
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Demonstrated experience with writing
• Strong research skills
• Work experience, especially experience working in development, soliciting donations from funders and/or grant management, is highly desired
• Experience with financial reporting, budgeting, Salesforce, and/or Excel would be an added advantage
• Comfort and confidence to approach new donors and solicit support
• Learns on the go, doing important, higher-level work from the start
• Already living in or desire to live and work in East Africa; experience living and working in East Africa or other developing countries strongly preferred
• Detail-oriented and able to multitask
• Positive attitude, self-starter, entrepreneurial spirit, sense of humor, and willingness to learn new things
• Commitment to excellence and outstanding work ethic
• Resourcefulness and creative problem solving
• Strong alignment with EarthEnable’s values:
• Take pride in our impact on health. Work passionately to change the way people live.
• Set the bar for customer care. Exceed their expectations every step of the way.
• Work hard and work together to achieve our most ambitious goals and dreams.
• Be resourceful and responsible with money; our impact depends on it.
• Treat everyone with fairness, empathy, and concern with which we expect to be treated.
• Trust each other to have the humility to support and the vulnerability to be supported.
Salary will be determined based on a candidate’s abilities, according to our competency matrix. For example, a candidate who still needs significant guidance in grant application writing would be offered a salary of around 1 million Rwf/month (gross), whereas a candidate who can write grant applications completely independently with no edits needed from the CEO would be eligible to receive a salary of 2.5
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.