Head of Commercial and Business Development
Jobs at:AFRIPRECAST Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
24 March 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, March 16, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Department: Commercial and Business Development
Location: Head Office Reporting To: CEO
Direct Reports: • Sales & Marketing Officer
• Commercial & Contract Officer
• Front Office & Customer Service Officer (PR)
• Commercial & Contract Administrator
• Sales Executive
Summary Of The Role:
The Head of Commercial and Business Development reports to the Chief Executive Officer and is responsible for growing AFRIPRECAST Ltd and connecting its products and services to the market. Primary duties include identifying business opportunities, pitching products and services to potential prospects, building and maintaining successful relationships with prospects and existing customers, collaborating with executives on business strategy to determine objectives, evaluating current business performance and maximizing business research and potential.
Performance in the role will be assessed against a range of qualitative and quantitative key performance indicators.
Essential Duties And Responsabilities
• Responsible for supervising implementation, advocate for the customer’s needs, and communicate with clients.
• Responsible for the development of policies and procedures for the department
• Develops, executes and evaluates new plans for expanding sales.
• Support Afriprecast Plan, develop and implement strategies that achieve agreed sales targets for each year and deliver maximum financial returns for the company product types, vis a vis the market needs.
• Responsible for effective and timely implementation of operational sales, which meet the company’s brand, sales and profit objectives;
• Elaborate and monitor the most cost-effective support structure using the available Human and Financial Resources, to achieve the company's planned sales and profitability objectives within the agreed expenditure budget for each year
• Reputably represent the company on the market to local government officials, the general public, trade organizations, and the media in order to build and maintain the necessary goodwill and loyalty to sustain company operations.
• Monitor competitor operations and report their plans and activities in order to facilitate the development of a comprehensive centralized advance response strategy
• Developing negotiating strategies and positions by studying the needs of new leads with AFRIPRECAST strategies and operations.
• Develops distribution route plans
• Identifies, prioritizes, and reaches out to new partners, and business opportunities
• Developing relationships with prospective customers and maintaining existing customers relationships.
• Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events
• Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications & Competences
• A Master Degree in Economics, commerce, Business Administration with 5 years relevant experience in which 2 years in Previous experience working in sales, promotional or business development role
• Degree in Economics, commerce, Business Administration with 10 years relevant experience in which 5 years in Previous experience working in sales, promotional or business development role
• Professional Certification in Marketing, Trade & Export
• International work experience is an asset.
• Organizational Skills, ability to set priorities and meet challenging deadlines
• Analytical thinking and Problem-Solving Skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office - Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel
• Proficiency in sales Document Control
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including delivering presentations.
• Skills of Customers Motivations
• Ability to maintain and analyze Sales Data
• Skills in Agencies Management
• Ability to lead teams and empower staff
• Ability to innovate and create new concepts
• Ability to communicate and cooperate with everyone in the organization
• Ability to communicate effectively in a multicultural environment
• Good understanding of Business
• Excellent organizational, writing and oral presentation skills
• Fluent in written and spoken English and Kinyarwanda, working knowledge of French is a plus.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their cover letter, and updated CV - via email only to: email@example.com with the POSITION applied for clearly indicated in the subject line. The deadline for submission of applications is March 21st, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.