Head of Finance and administration
Jobs at:DUTERIMBERE-IMF PLC
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, June 07 2023
Date Posted: Saturday, June 03 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Duterimbere-imf plc is a local community development microfinance institution established in 2004. Its mission is “to provide financial and non-financial services tailored to low-income entrepreneurs, primarily women, to help them improve their socio-economic conditions”. It is operating in 21 district of rwanda.
• In order to provide efficient services to its clients, duterimbere-imf plc is seeking to recruit highly-skilled, self-motivated and experienced persons to fill the position of head of finance and administration.
The head of finance and administration will be responsible for business finances, funds and human resource management as described below:
1. Financial reporting:
• Ensure accurate and timely preparation of audited annual financial statement i.e. With all disclosure requirement in line with ifrs and bnr .
• Ensure timely preparation of monthly financial statement analysis write up
• Ensure timely preparation of quarterly consolidated branches financial statements
• Ensure timely publication of quarterly financials
• Ensure accurate and timely preparation of monthly management accounts in line with ifrs/ias standards
• Ensure accurate proofing of all income and balance sheet ledgers
2. Budgeting process
• Preparation of revenue, operating and capital expenditure budget
• Collation and gathering of teams’ pl and balance sheet in line with the agreed budgeted and balance sheet figures
3. Tax management and monthly review of tax liability
• Review of computation of tax liability of the banks prepared by financial analyst
• Review of computation of tax liability and subsequent inclusion in financial statement prepared by financial analyst.
• Discussion of tax computation liability with tax consultants and externals auditors.
• Preparation of tax disclosure in financial statement
• Preparation of deferred tax liability and asset
• Ensure timely filing of returns to firs
• Ensure timely payment of cit, vat and wht
• Liaising with tax regulators and consultant on tax matters
• Facilitate the process of collection of yearly tax clearance certificate
• Attending to other related matter with other units in banks
4. External audit coordinators;
• Attending to auditors request for smooth audit exercise
• Proofing of other units’ proof during external audit period
• Follow up of management letter
• Address audit findings and recommendations
5. Financial analysis:
o Analyse current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses and capital expenditures,
o Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analysing causes of unexpected variance,
o Supervision of financial analyst(s),
o Analyse complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes,
o Responsible for analysing and preparing local documentation describing revenue streams and accounting impact and application of group accounting policies to each revenue stream;
3. Performance indicators
• Available financial resources to maintain the business growth
• Disbursement and recovered achieved
• New competitive staffs’ services are developed
• New clients and new active accounts
• Performance of branch fund management and mobilization
• Compliance with ifrs and reporting’s
4. Qualifications and skills required
• Be a rwandan by nationality;
• A master’s degree in banking, business administration, finance, economics, accounting, or any other related business field in microfinance, banking sector or similar administrative and financial services with 5 years’ experience in financial service.
• At least 3 years’ experience in leadership positions;
• Advanced knowledge of a wide range of micro banking products including savings;
• Advanced computer skills;
• Fluency in english, french and kinyarwanda with strong written and verbal communication skills,
• Excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills, and experience in people management;
• Highly motivated with a strong interest in the field;
• Be willing to work or travel anywhere in the country where duterrimbere-imf plc has branches and sub-branches;
• Integrity, professional discretion, and ability to handle confidential matters;
• Have a good character in working with financial institutions;
• Strong knowledge of financial control methodologies.
6. The job application file must contains:
• Motivation letter addressed to ceo of duterimbere-imf plc;
• Detailed updated curriculum vitae;
• Photocopy of degree (s) and other related certificates;
• Certificate of rendered services;
• Photocopy of identity card;
• Three professional referees with names, full contact addresses and their recommendation letters.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• The interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications to the headquarters of duterimbere-imf plc at the executive assistant office kanogo not later than 07/06/2023 at 5:00p.m.
• N.b: only candidates meeting the requirements will be invited for the written test and/or the interview.
• Done at kigali, on 31/05/2023.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.