Deadline of this Job:
15 February 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, February 14, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
BRAC is the world’s largest, and leading development organization dedicated to poverty alleviation and empowerment of the poor. Initiated in Bangladesh in 1972, BRAC now operates in 11 countries across Asia, Africa. To counter poverty and promote social empowerment, BRAC strategically integrates development programs in microfinance, agriculture, health, education, human rights and legal aid, community empowerment, and more.
BRAC Rwanda Microfinance Company PLC is registered with Rwanda Development Board in September 2018 and was approved license from the National Bank of Rwanda to operate Microfinance and other financial services in Rwanda.
BRAC is the world’s largest, and leading development organization dedicated to poverty alleviation and the empowerment of the poor. Initiated in Bangladesh in 1972, BRAC now operates in 11 countries across Asia, and Africa. To counter poverty and promote social empowerment, BRAC strategically integrates development programs in microfinance, agriculture, health, education, human rights and legal aid, community empowerment, and more.
BRAC Rwanda Microfinance Company PLC is registered with Rwanda Development Board in September 2018 and was approved for a license from the National Bank of Rwanda to operate Microfinance and other financial services in Rwanda. BRAC Rwanda is looking for competent, dynamic, and self-motivated Rwandans to fill the following regular position.
1. Position: IT Manager
Job Location: BRAC Rwanda Country Office
Salary Range: Negotiable
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure internal IT support services in the country office and field Level operations and maintain industry-standard, procedures for in-house/outsourced applications and IT service management. Propose and implement required IT infrastructures for smooth IT operations
• Provide prompt support to the internal IT team members, according to the priority of problems, and guide them to resolve the problem of ERP and other existing applications and infrastructure.
• Perform sbiCloud configuration as administration part of IT support service. Ensure IT operational support services for assigned countries.
• Manage and ensure IT compliance, service management, issue tracking, and change request management of all IT projects. Oversee all phases of the project from conception to completion
• Provide day-to-day leadership and direction for in-house staff for the safe and reliable operations of data center and infrastructure systems. Design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to ensure infrastructure capacity meets existing and future requirements.
• Maintain data center environment, and application hosting, establish and maintain replica server, create VM, remote access, establish VPN, network management, hardware mount, database, and application environment readiness.
• Provide data center monitoring report to BI and Supervisor every month. Ensure the process of checklist for commission and decommission of any equipment to or from the data center and get prior approval from BI and supervisor.
• Manage relationships with key stakeholders internally as well as interface with third-party contractors, vendors, and consultants. Proper management of software application implementation with the vendor and overseeing its post-implementation support & services.
• Capacity building of the existing team members, leading country IT for existing services and objectives. Prepare a training plan and review training materials. Conduct and follow up end-user capacity building and refreshment programs.
Knowledge, Skill & Competence
• Requirement analysis, strong analytical and program-solving skills
• Building IT Security and Assurance Policy
• Use case test case design & quality assurance.
• In-depth understanding of the key drivers in a digital product/emerging technology business.
• Insight into the way that digital transformation is affecting industry and knowledge of best practices
• Drive, flexibility, resilience, and the ability to work under pressure
• Ability to effectively work remotely, across time zones and team locations, as well as in person with multiple teams of stakeholders
• Ability to initiate and facilitate interactions with people who can share their insights and knowledge
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to translate complex technological implementation language to non-technical people.
• Fluency in English required (spoken, reading, and written)
• Familiarity and experience with microfinance are strongly preferred
Educational Qualifications: Master’s/ Bachelor in computer science or computer engineering with a post-graduate degree in Information Technology, Business Administration.
Experience: Three years of related experience working in financial inclusion, product development, digital finance, microfinance/micro-lending, technology for development, and payment platforms.
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Candidates need to send a signed Cover letter in PDF format indicating the title of the position applied for, an updated CV mentioning educational grades, years of experience, and notarized copies of academic qualifications. All those documents should be sent through email: email@example.com,
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
Application deadline: 22nd February 2023 at 16hrs.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.