In - Country Finance Officer (Re - advertised)
Jobs at:Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA)
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, November 10 2023
Date Posted: Friday, November 03 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Associate Finance Officer, Rwanda Job Reference: AFO/RW/07/2023
The Associate Finance Officer- Rwanda, as part of the Finance team will be responsible for providing finance and administrative support to the Country Director and staff.
• Reporting to the Country Director, Rwanda, the Associate Finance Officer, Rwanda is responsible for providing leadership and direction, as well as day-to-day management of the finance and administration function in the country. On financial functions, she/he will be responsible for coordinating and supporting the development and monitoring of budgets and forecasts, liaising with the finance unit in Nairobi to support timely processing of financial transactions, maintaining of a healthy balance sheet, providing audit support and aligning of processes and procedures. This role has a matrix reporting to the Senior Finance Officer, Country Support
Key Measures of Performance
• Complete, accurate and timely financial data captured at country level. Measured by closing deadlines met, accuracy and completeness of entries in submitted journals.
• Timely and accurate payments to staff and vendors.
• Budget Vs actual accuracy. Measured by output from monthly BVA reports.
• Open audit observations (first time & repetitive).
• Number of reconciled balance sheet accounts including bank accounts by the stipulated deadlines.
• Ageing of staff and vendor accounts.
• Number of Internal Control Gaps.
• Statutory compliance measured by statutory returns filed and remitted accurately and statutory deadlines met.
• Retrievability of financial information and records.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose – Apply Basic Concepts
• Developing and maintaining financial analysis and reporting activities for assigned country.
• Preparing finance reports and account reconciliation reports according to company policies on periodic basis.
• Identifying and resolving invoicing issues, accounting discrepancies and other financial related issues for the assigned country.
• Supporting the annual financial audit processes through the preparation of standard reports as well as other custom reports as requested within the legal and regulatory requirements.
• Initiating and managing the country budgets and forecasts in line with AGRA policies and respective donor restrictions.
• Maintaining an updated fixed asset register and coordinating the annual verification as per the set policies and procedures.
• Oversight of any staff providing financial and administration support in the country.
Engagement – Acquire
• Creating finance journal entries as required for the country.
• Leading in the management of account payables and receivables activities for the country.
• Collaborating with the finance and HR teams in preparation of financial reports and statements for the country.
• Aligning and reconciling country and the regions’ monthly general ledger balance, invoices and credit card statements.
Delivery – Understand the Project Cycle
• Setting guidelines to ensure maintenance of the general and subsidiary ledgers.
• Planning and preparing tax documents for timely filing of company tax.
• Organizing and maintaining all countries and regions financial records and files as per the company policies.
• Organizing the administration processes for all payroll activities as well as oversees vendor payments etc.
Model the IRISE Values & Be a Culture Carrier
• Integrity: Uphold moral convictions and always doing the right thing.
• Respect: Value differences and embrace diversity and inclusion.
• Innovation: Strive for excellence and embracing continuous improvement, bold creativity, and change.
• Stewardship: Be responsible for actions undertaken and resources entrusted.
• Equity: Be governed by fairness in all undertakings.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
• A Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, or equivalent work experience.
• An MBA in any relevant field a strong added advantage.
• CPA certification.
• Strong analytical, data mining ability.
• Understanding of auditing techniques to help ensure countries and regions financial operations remain in compliance.
• Computer proficiency in spreadsheets, presentations, and reporting software.
• Ability to work independently in a diverse environment.
• Experience in working with similar organizations or institutions will be an added advantage.
• Thoroughly familiar with and experience in working with finance regulations and reporting standards and requirements.
• Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
• Strong ability to influence positively both upwards and downwards.
• Proven leadership ability to develop and empower employees to achieve their best with a team approach.
• Deep understanding of the financial environment within which AGRA is operating.
• Highly organized, results and detail orientated with a very hands-on approach.
• Excellent leadership, organizational, and problem solving/decision making ability.
• Intelligent, motivated self-starter with a strong work success.
• A Minimum of five (5) years’ relevant professional experience in accounting, finance, or financial monitoring.
• Knowledge of global, country/government accounting standards.
• Achieving Results Effectively: achieving results effectively: takes actions that lead to the delivery of set service targets and shows determination to meet the objectives set by others; keeps track of and measures outcomes against own standards, over and above those set by others; takes actions that lead to quantifiable service improvements; manages time and resources efficiently, monitoring progress and making adjustments as necessary.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: keeps abreast of new developments in own field of competence and maintains personal contact in other parts of the organization with those who provide work- related information; shares knowledge and learning willingly, and proactively seeks to learn from the experiences of others; puts new learning into practice and draws on diverse sources of ideas and inspiration; contributes to the identification of improvements to work processes and assists in implementing them.
• Accountability: accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work; takes ownership of all responsibilities within own role and honors commitments to others and to the organization; operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
• Diversity and inclusion: takes a conscious effort to learn about different styles of conflict resolution; is proactive in managing conflict over differences when it arises rather than avoiding it; listens actively for the frames of reference and does not prejudge; seeks to understand and adapt to different styles when working with those who are different; treats others as they wish to be treated; shows readiness to change the way he/she does things to meet the needs of those from diverse backgrounds.
• Adaptability: accepts that things will change; seeks clarification when faced with ambiguity or uncertainty; demonstrates willingness to try new approaches. Devises plans of action with explicit paths and measures of accomplishment for self and/or others and allocates suitable resources so that objectives are achieved. Strong administration skills.
• Stakeholder focus/partnerships: identifies stakeholder needs and expectations; responds to requests efficiently and effectively; takes action beyond explicit request within established service standards; refers complex questions to a higher decision-making level; meets stakeholder needs in a respectful, helpful and responsive manner; seeks feedback to develop a clear understanding of stakeholder needs and outcomes; uses stakeholder satisfaction monitoring methodologies to ensure stakeholder satisfaction; adjusts service based on stakeholder feedback.
• Teamwork: understands the goals of the team and each team member’s role within it; willingly gives support to co-workers and works collaboratively rather than competitively; shares experiences, knowledge and best practices with team members.
Terms of Appointment
3 Years Fixed Term (Consideration for renewal will be made subject to AGRA’s needs, available funding and performance).
Based in Kigali, Rwanda
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education:
Job application procedure
• If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, kindly submit your application with a detailed CV (including your e-mail address and telephone contacts to email@example.com noting to quote the job reference number in the subject of your email)
• To be considered, applications must be received on or before Friday 10th November 2023.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• AGRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.