Internal Audit Manager
Jobs at:Job in Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
22 November 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Internal Audit Manager
Job in Rwanda (J.I.R Ltd) is a private company providing services in the area of online recruitment and advertisement. Our main mission is to facilitate the communication between job seekers and employers operating in Rwanda using online technologies.
On behalf of our client, We are looking for an Internal Audit Manager-Profile
Internal Audit Manager-Profile
Responsible for coordinating audits
The role holder will also be responsible for planning and conducting audits to evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls based on an approved annual risk-based audit plan in line with regulatory and supervisory requirements and expectations.
Primarily reports to: CEO (Administratively) and Group Head of Internal Audit (Functionally)
Your Key Duties and Responsibilities will be but not limited to:
• Ensure detailed audit programs based on the documented procedures and best practices are developed, for each identified audit project, giving special attention to potential risk areas;
• Prepare and present reports to management and the Board Audit & Risk Committee clearly describing the key findings and practical recommendations for improvements;
• Coordinate the implementation of internal audit strategies, policies and procedures;
• Facilitate branch audits to ensure operations are in line with the policies;
• Verify documentation and review of existing accounting, administrative and internal control systems and make the appropriate recommendations for improvement. This covers the Company’s operations and calls for a thorough understanding of all operations;
• Formulate and implement Internal Audit policies and procedure manuals;
• Ensure detailed audit tests are performed on all the Company’s operations based on Standard audit programs and in accordance with the approved annual audit plan. This includes recommendations to improve efficiency. The job holder may change the scope of the audit if actual circumstances in the field demand;
• Maintain adequate and properly documented audits performed and evidence in the Internal Audit systems;
• Assess the Audited department's primary operational and financial risks and develop strategies to manage these areas;
• Work with the different stakeholders and where applicable, provide feedback to staff on the performance of each audit assignment;
• Develop and implement the performance management plan and cycle for team members as provisioned by HR;
• Where applicable, schedule and assign work to the audit team estimating resource needs;
• Verify compliance with all the relevant legislation and regulatory requirements. This calls for regular updates with all the relevant legislation and statutory requirements;
• Attend and participate in the Management meetings;
• Deliver on performance requirements as defined in the departments’ strategy map, balanced scorecard and Personal Scorecard.
Key Performance Measures
As described in your Personal Scorecard
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field;
• MBA is an added advantage;
• Professional qualifications e.g. CPA(K), ACCA, CISA. CFA or equivalent
• 3-5 years’ experience in a similar position.
Leadership category responsibility framework (Core Competencies)
Change Leaders need to:
• Strategically lead a function to service customers from a sustainable and growing customer base whilst increasing profit;
• Continuously configure and adapt the functional area to most effectively suite the future view of the business;
• Introduce new concepts so that they are adopted appropriately at the right time (manage the rate of change);
• Be in touch with the changing industry, customer needs and international best practice;
• Improve the efficiency of the function by appropriately challenging managers about operational and tactical issues;
• Ensure the function has the most appropriate people capability through effective inspirational leadership, people development, and optimized succession planning;
• Ensure clarity of expectations for individuals in the function and other stakeholders across the group;
• Facilitate functional integration;
• Ensure the development and establishment of appropriate behaviour and values (culture) within the function that aligns with the strategic direction and values of the business;
• Coordinate between functions and divisions to ensure optimization of the value chain and resources;
• Ensure alignment of strategy, objectives and deliverables within the function;
• Develop innovative partnerships and distribution channels to increase market penetration;
• Ensure a seamless experience for clients;
• Appropriately allocate funds and capital to maximize shareholder value;
• Adequately manage operational risk;
• Increase operational efficiency;
• Provide access to accurate and consistent information and services across all channels;
• Improve quality and speed of decision making across the business.
Change Leaders’ Competency Descriptions.
• Deciding and Initiating Action - Ensures key departmental objectives are met, takes responsibility for decisions, actions, projects and people while focusing on achievement of departmental results; takes initiative and works under own direction; initiates and generates activity; makes quick, clear decisions with limited information available which may include tough choices or considered risks; decisions and actions take into account possible impact on all parts of the business.
• Leading and Supervising - Provides the department with a clear direction based on the overall strategic intent of the organisation; Building high expectations about the success of the department; motivates and empowers others with a clear sense of purpose; creates a positive departmental climate that fosters learning and development; acknowledges high potential talent; Recognize the potential of individuals sets and articulates the vision and values through own personal behaviour; Push autonomy and empowerment downwards through the department.
• Persuading and Influencing - Gains clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating to the benefit of the department; promotes the organisational strategy during departmental conversations; makes effective use of political processes to influence and persuade others; promotes ideas on behalf of the department and the organisation; makes a strong personal impact on others; takes care to manage the department’s impression and brand on others.
• Formulating Strategies and Concepts - Works strategically to realise organisational goals within the department; sets and develops departmental strategies; identifies and develops positive and compelling visions of the department's future potential; Ensure departmental Balanced ScoreCard objectives and KPIs are met and Exceeded; Ensure Personal Scorecard Objectives are met and exceeded; takes account of a wide range of issues across, and related to, the organisation; Work with direct reports to ensure the cascading of the strategic plan into integrated departmental plans that are meaningful to individuals; encourages others to take a strategic and long-term view in terms of the department's future; Emphasise the impact and importance of individual contributions to the successful implementation of the organizational strategy in the department; Evaluate my own and others’ performance fairly and objectively; communicates the organisational strategy, vision and objectives effectively across all levels in the department.
• Entrepreneurial and Commercial Thinking - Keeps up to date with competitor information and market trends; identifies business opportunities for the department; maintains awareness of developments, changes, Add value to the department by capitalising on new business opportunities; trends and possible risks in the department's structure and politics; demonstrates financial awareness; Identify ways to increase the competitive advantage, exploiting those that will bring the greatest return within an acceptable level of risk; ensures costs are monitored and controlled and thinks in terms of profit, loss and added value; Ensure that sufficient data about financial and other parameters of departmental performance are available; Interpret departmental information objectively against appropriate benchmarks.
• Planning and Organising - Sets clearly defined departmental objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing organisational and market circumstances; identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish projects; manages time effectively; monitors departmental performance against deadlines and milestones.
• Relating and Networking - Easily establishes, as well as assists others in building meaningful relationships with customers and staff across all levels of the organisation, inside and outside of the department; relates well to people at all levels; facilitates the resolutions of conflict and manages disagreements with tact and diplomacy.
• Creating and Innovating - Promotes departmental improvement within relevant scope of influence; produces and encourages new ideas, approaches, or insights; creates the environment for innovative products or designs; produces a range of solutions to the strategic benefit of the department.
• Adhering to Principles and Values - Upholds and encourages ethical behaviour and organisational values; demonstrates integrity; promotes and defends equal opportunities, builds diverse teams; encourages departmental and individual responsibility towards the community and the environment; models the organisational values during every day interactions.
• Achieving Personal Work Goals and Objectives- Accepts and tackles demanding departmental and personal goals with enthusiasm; leads by example by working hard and putting in longer hours in order to ensure successful implementation and completion of projects; show self-insight in own development needs.
• Adapting and Responding to change - Anticipates and effectively adapts to changing circumstances and ambiguous situations; accepts and actively drives new ideas and change initiatives; adapts interpersonal style to suit different individuals or situations; Monitor changes in departmental issues, structures and dynamics and appreciate their implications for the business; Demonstrate an understanding of the links between the structure, goals and capabilities; Constantly aware of competitors, trends and changes in the markets that the works within; Maintains a focus on key priorities and deliverables, staying resilient in the face of pressure; Implement changes within my department to achieve set change goals; Responds flexibly to changing circumstances; Recognises when unable to cope and asks others for help; Uses change as an opportunity to improve ways of working, encouraging others’ buy-in; Takes ownership for communicating change initiatives clearly, ensuring smooth implementation
• Analysing - Strategically analyses sources of information, breaking them into component parts, patterns and relationships; makes rational judgements from the available information and analysis; demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be part of a much larger system.
• Cost Management- Demonstrates an awareness of financial issues affecting my department; Use financial information to monitor departmental performance and guide decisions; Consistently identify opportunities to reduce costs within my department.
• Staff development- Create a positive departmental climate that fosters learning and development; Identify development needs within my department; Ensure direct reports have personal development plans in place that are regularly reviewed; Provide honest and constructive feedback on my team's performance; Act as coach or mentor when appropriate; Allocate power, responsibilities and authority to appropriate subordinates.
Technical/ Functional competencies
• Knowledge of internal audit procedure
• Report writing-ability to develop reports
• Decision making –ability to make strategic decisions in a timely and effective manner
• High moral and ethical standing
• Highly motivated
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and Qualified, Click Here To Apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.