Internal Auditor (G-5B)
Jobs at:University of Rwanda Holdings Group Limited
Deadline of this Job:
15 April 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, March 29, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Internal Auditor (G-5B):
University of Rwanda Holdings Group Limited (UR – HG Ltd) is a limited company fully owned by
University of Rwanda, (UR). Its business activities aim to optimise UR assets for the benefits of
(1) Job definition and description:
The internal auditor is responsible for preparing and implementing a risk-based audit plan to assess,
report on, and make suggestions for improving the Company’s key operational and finance activities and
internal controls. Additionally, the position is responsible for identifying and assisting in documenting
existing internal finance and disclosure controls, implementing and documenting new internal controls,
and establishing an internal monitoring function to audit the company’s compliance with such internal
(2) Qualification & experience required:
Masters in Finance or Accounting, Public Finance, Auditing, Banking, Management with specialization
in Accounting or Finance with 5 years of experience in Accounting or Finance or Auditing;
Comprehensive knowledge of auditing, public finance policies, regulations and procedures, Policy
formulation and implementation. In addition to this, He or she is more specifically required to have an
Accounting Professional Qualification recognized by International Federation of Accountants (IFAC)
like ACCA or CPA.
(3) Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
• Strategic Leadership and orientation,
• Analytical Skills and Problem Solving,
• Decision Making,
• Time Management,
• Mentoring/Coaching, People Management and Teamwork,
• Risk Management,
• Technology Awareness,
• Strong communication skills and IT fluency,
• Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task,
• Excellent organizational skills,
• Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty,
• Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point, Comfortable using a computer for
• various tasks.
(4) Duties & Responsibilities:
• Set the strategy for Internal Audit with company priorities and goals in mind,
Develop a comprehensive risk-based annual plan for overall extended audit program,
including assessing areas of changing risk and required reviews with company perspective.
• Perform independent financial, compliance, and operational audits through review of records
and control procedures, providing summary reports of results and recommendations of
changes to internal controls and systems.
• Manage relationships with third-party professionals conducting internal IT audits. Set scope,
work with management regarding preliminary findings, and ensure a smooth process and
timely final report.
• Build on risk appetite statement to identify our strategic, operational, and financial and
compliance risk areas and provide internal audit services to help leadership manage those
risks and report on them.
• Establish audit goals and scope, identify specific activities and timeframes, determine and
obtain resources, and direct the planning and conduct of audits.
• Communicate with executive leadership to ensure concerns are addressed and expectations
are met; approve and oversee the reports to the Board and senior executives which address
• key business risks and control issues,
• Preparation and submission of activities report for company to Chief Executive Officer
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Job Application Channel Accepted and any other relevant Application Info’s
Interested applicants should submit copies of application letter, C.V, copies of certificates and Identity
cards or passports as well as valid License of practice for Health services professionals in one pdf
document by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with cc to email@example.com not later than
Monday 15/04/2022 at 5h:00 p.m. Short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews and those
who applied previously in 2021, should make new application if are still being interested.
UR HG Ltd Chief Executive Officer
P.O.Box 7575 Kigali Rwanda . Tel:(250)786689121 / 0782021417 /0788317400 E.mail:firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.