Jobs at:MUA Insurance Rwanda Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
28th July 2019.
Date Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Internal Auditor (1)
Reporting to the Managing Director, the position holder will be responsible for providing prudent audit at a reasonable cost for all elements of MUA Insurance Rwanda Limited..
The key responsibilities for this position include but not limited to the following;
• Develop a comprehensive audit program to provide audit coverage for MUA Insurance Rwanda Limited
• Execute annual audit plan, including a financial budget, coordinating efforts with external auditors to avoid unnecessary costs and duplication of efforts.
• Ensure the primary audit is to determine the effectiveness of internal controls and the degree of compliances with policies. Secondary objectives include reviewing operating efficiency, measuring attainment of objectives, and making recommendations for cost reduction and earnings improvement.
• Review modified or new systems prior to implementation to ensure any internal control deficiencies that might occur can be corrected in time when it is practical to make system changes.
• Ensure that audit standard for written audit programs and work papers are adhered to, and that sufficient, competent documentation is required to evidence audit work performed and conclusions drawn.
• Prepare and issue reports to management after audits are completed, obtain responses from management, and review responses prior to submitting to the Managing Director and the audit committee of the Board of Directors.
• Inform the Managing Director, and the audit committee of the Board of Directors, of audit activities and material audit findings through routinely scheduled reports and/or meetings, as required.
• Manage the audit function independently of management, however, in keeping with MUA Insurance Rwanda Limited’s current organization chart, functionally reporting to the Managing Director until such time as an audit committee of the Board of Directors may be formed, then reporting to the Managing Director administratively.
• Establish and maintain professional ties in related professional groups.
• Participate in actual fieldwork as appropriate to ensure the quality of work and procedures.
• Any other tasks as requested by your supervisor
• Ensure daily activities are done, reported,
• Ensure remaining and new activities are planned and daily reported,
• Produce periodic and required report.
• Ensure claimants got clear and enough explanations on main clauses with a direct impact on his claim settlement,
• Ability to detect and prevent errors all the time.
• Ability to keep confidentiality of company information
• Ensure innovation and creativity in your job
• A person of high integrity, proactive, assertive, result-oriented and a team player
• A degree holder in Insurance, Law or both
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Powerpoint.
• Detail-oriented professional with strong analytical & problem-solving skills
• Excellent interpersonal and intercultural communication skills; ability to work in a team environment
• Takes initiative and does not require constant supervision or instructions to get the job done
• University Degree in Accounting, commerce or a related discipline from a recognized university.
• Professional Accounting qualification (ACCA, CPA)
• Minimum of three years’ experience as an auditor for Insurance companies
Knowledge and Skills:
• Knowledgeable in audit techniques, standards, and computer processing.
• Excellent communications skills, both written and oral,
• Demonstrated managerial, organizational and analytical skills.
• Incumbent must be an independent thinker, capable of forming sound conclusions and recommendations.
• The high degree of integrity.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should submit their application through “Apply for this job" a summarized CV with 3 referees and a cover letter in 1 document not later than 28th July 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Clivk on the link below to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.