Jobs at:Ministry of Infrastructure (MININFRA)
Deadline of this Job:
26 May 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, May 18, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting /Finance/ Economics/ Management with at least foundation level one CPA/CIA/CPFA/CPFM/ACCA (Applied Knowledge of ACCA) or Stage two of CAT/API Certificate.
• A transition period for professional certification requirement is three (3) years starting from 1st January, 2021. However, a new entrant without the required professional certification for a given job position shall not be eligible, one (1) year before the expiration of the transition period.
Required competencies and Key technical skills:
• Knowledge of accounting ; Financial reporting and Auditing standards (Such as IPSAS ; IFRS ; ISSAs)
• Proficiency in Financial Management systems ;
• Resource Management skills;
• Analytical skills;
• Decision Making skills;
• Networking skills;
• Time Management skills;
• Risk Management skills;
• Result oriented;
• Digital literacy;
• Fluency in Kinyarwanda, English and/or French.
• Knowledge of all is an advantage
Duties and Responsibilities
• Review the accounts of the Ministry to ensure the validity and legality of their financial records.
• Carry out a financial health check of the Ministry
• Advice and recommend possible risk aversion measures and cost savings.
• Examine the fund going in and out of the Ministry and make sure it is recorded and processed appropriately.
• Examine MININFRA accounts and financial control systems.
• Ascertain accuracy and reliability of financial reports and records.
• Ensuring that assets of the Ministry are well safeguarded.
• Identify where internal controls are not working as they should, and advise appropriately.
• Prepare reports, commentaries on financial statements.
• Present audit findings and recommendations to management to take appropriate action.
• Ensure procedures, policies, legislation and regulations are correctly followed and complied with.
• Undertake reviews of wages and procurement processes.
• Review and monitor the implementation of Auditor General’s recommendations.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates must submit an application letter addressed to the Permanent Secretary Ministry of Infrastructure, accompanied by updated and detailed curriculum vitae, copy of national identity card, and non-notified copies of academic documents.
Scanned application documents must be submitted in a single file by email to email@example.com not later than 26/05/2021 by 5 pm Kigali Time. For more details, please call 4247.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.