Jobs at:Mayfair Insurance Company
Deadline of this Job:
16 January 2023
Date Posted: Saturday, December 17, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Mayfair Insurance Company Rwanda Ltd is a general insurance company providing various general insurance products in Rwanda since May 2017. It is regulated by the National Bank of Rwanda and since inception the company has been on an upward trend, experiencing phenominal steady growth both on the turnover and profitability. The Company is part of the network of Mayfair Insurance companies across the region (Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Uganda and DRC).
The Head-office of Mayfair Insurance Company Rwanda Ltd is located at Makuza Peace Plaza, 2nd Floor.
Reports to: Managing Director and Board of Directors
JOB PURPOSE/JOB VALUE
The Internal Auditor shall assist the Board to discharge their responsibilities in the promotion of effective internal controls and provide assurance on the efficiency & effectiveness of the company business processes.
The Internal Auditor shall carry our all-internal audit activities that are necessary to full his/her responsibilities and ensure that all material areas of risk of the company are subject to appropriate audit within the reasonable timeframe.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB (KEY RESULT AREAS).
• Establishing and implementing a risk- based audit plan.
• Developing a detailed audit plan, charter, questionnaire on annual basis indicating scope for each internal audit assignment.
• Evaluating the adequacy of the company’s policies and process.
• Discussing audit coverage with management and the HR & Audit Committee.
• Reviewing levels of compliance with established policies, procedures, and processes.
• Verifying segregation in respect of company and policyholder’s assets.
• Conducting regular assessments of internal controls and recommend improvements as needed.
• Monitoring and evaluating governance and control process.
• Performing internal audit in compliance with the professional best practice of internal auditing.
• Reporting on the findings to Management and secure comments before presenting to the Audit & HR Committee.
• Monitoring the clearing and implementation of the external auditors' audit findings and recommendations.
• Work closely with the external auditors and other assurance providers to ensure synergy of approach.
• Perform any other additional investigation or assurance services as when requested by management and Board.
• Coordinate all internal audit department’s activities and responsibilities.
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Supervisors.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
• Approved and updated internal audit plan and charter.
• Audit coverage, quality, and its consistence.
• 100% adherence to reporting timeline.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
1.Academic and Professional Qualification
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or other relevant field, master’s degree in these fields being preferred and;
• any of Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), ACCA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
• 5 years of progressively responsible full-time experience as an auditor of which 3 has been passed working as manager of the organization or as a board member of a financial institution.
• Application letter addressed to the Managing Director of Mayfair Insurance Company Rwanda Ltd;
• Updated signed CV;
• Academic documents;
• Professional certificate;
• Copy of national ID card/passport.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
The application addressed to the Managing Director of Mayfair Insurance Company Rwanda Ltd shall be submitted at the head-office of Mayfair Insurance Company Rwanda Ltd located in the building Makuza Peace Plaza, 2nd Floor, or email to email@example.com not later than 29th December 2022 at 5h:00 PM (Local time).
NB: 1. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for tests and/or interviews.
The successful candidate will be required to provide required documents as per our HR policy requirements.
Done at Kigali, on 16th December 2022.
MUHIMUZI Mugisha Daniel
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.