Jobs at:Rwanda Ultimate Golf Course
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, October 04 2023
Date Posted: Friday, September 22 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Rwanda Ultimate Golf Course is a private company created to position Rwanda as the best golfing destination in Africa and one of the greatest in the world. The first project of Rwanda Ultimate Golf Course, in order to reach this goal, is the Kigali Golf Resort & Villas.
• We are looking for an Internal Auditor to audit our company’s financial performance, practice, and compliance.
• The Internal Auditor will be responsible for, the planning and professional performance of internal audit assignments and risk assessments, including tests of controls and/or tests of details including (but not limited to): financial audits, IT audits, internal controls, operational performance, compliance with applicable laws and regulations, accreditation standards, contracts, compliance with company policies and procedures, and fraud investigations.
• He/She will work with moderate latitude for initiative and independent judgment under the supervision and direction of the Chief Executive Officer.
• He/She will adhere to all corporate policies and procedures as well as professional ethical standards.
Specific Responsibilities - include but are not limited to:
1. Reviews and tests the control environment to ensure that it adequately and effectively ensures: the reliability of financial reporting; safeguarding of company assets; compliance with applicable laws and regulations; and the efficiency and effectiveness of company operations;
2. By following Internal Audit Standards, He/ She will plan, organize and carry out the internal audit function including the preparation of an audit plan which fulfills the responsibility of the position, scheduling and performing audit work within the budgeted timeframes;
3. Performs audit procedures, such as interviews, identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting processes. Evaluates current auditing procedures and propose changes as needed;
4. Assess the design and effectiveness of internal controls and compliance with corporate policies and procedures, including assessing the reliability of information used in control performance;
5. Assist in identifying audit issues and root causes, recommend improved internal controls and business processes, and ensure that corrective action plans are developed and implemented by management;
6. Analyze data sets to perform audit planning, sampling, testing, or evaluating observations;
7. Prepare reports/documents and communicate internal control issues to management;
8. Assist the Management to coordinate coverage with the external auditors and ensure that each party is not only aware of the other’s work but also well briefed on areas of concern;
9. Assist the Management to make recommendations on the systems and procedures being reviewed, report on the findings and recommendations, and follow-up management’s response and implementation;
10. Review and report on the accuracy, timeliness, and relevance of financial and other information that is required by management;
11. Assist management in special projects as requested;
12. Provide support, recommendations, and coaching to improve business operations of other departments;
13. As part of the team, present findings to management in writing (audit reports) and verbally (presentations);
14. Pursues professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and shares information gained with co-workers;
15. Develops and maintains productive relationships throughout the company;
16. Perform company’s risk assessment;
17. Perform compliance audits.
18. Performs other related work as assigned by Chief Executive Officer.
Knowledge, Skills and Traits
1. Requires Bachelor’s degree from a reputable university in Accounting, Finance, or another relevant field. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered instead of education;
2. Professional Certification is preferred. The goal is to obtain a professional certification (CPA, or CIA) within two years of employment;
3. CPA firm experience preferred;
4. Good organizational, problem-solving, decision-making, negotiation, and conflict-management skills are required;
5. Requires strong analytic and problem-solving capabilities and the ability to identify solutions and recommendations that effectively address business and control needs;
6. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a diverse team environment;
7. Requires a strong understanding of accounting principles, control procedures, and audit techniques;
8. Requires a fundamental understanding of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (IPPF) and the Code of Ethics;
9. Requires the ability to multi-task effectively, responding to changing business priorities and deadlines;
10. Requires the ability to work collaboratively with team members across multiple departments;
11. Requires a proven record of meeting commitments and achieving goals;
12. Requires the ability to work independently under general supervision with considerable latitude for initiative and independent judgment;
13. Requires commitment to excellence and continual improvement;
14. Requires excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills;
15. Requires flexibility and willingness to work on a variety of projects while prioritizing effectively;
16. Requires working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and advanced knowledge of IT General Control and IT Application Control tests preferred.
• Fluency in English is required, both oral and written.
• Fluency in French will be an asset.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• A detailed CV with 3 contacts of professional referees.
• A one-page cover letter with a motivation statement in relation to the responsibilities and requirements for this position.
• Copies of academic degree, professional training certificates, and other relevant training certificates
• Copy of ID card
• The applicants for this position must be Rwandan.
• The deadline for submitting applications is October 4th, 2023, at 14:00 hrs. Kigali time.
• All applicants should submit their zipped documents on firstname.lastname@example.org
• Only selected candidates for interview will be contacted.
• All unzipped documents will be automatically disqualified.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.