Jobs at:University of Tourism,Technology and Business Studies
Deadline of this Job:
10 November 2021
Date Posted: Sunday, October 31, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The University of Tourism, Technology and Business Studies (UTB), is a private Institution of Higher Learning providing programmes in line with the requirements of the Rwandan Framework for Higher Education and Associated code of practice.
Its vision is to become a centre of Excellence in the region for the quality of academic programmes and to be a solution provider for the training of professionals in the area of Hospitality, Tourism, Business, and Information Technology.
It is in this line that, UTB seeks to recruit a competent candidate as Internal Auditor
1. Reviewing compliance and ensuring the university is adhering to rules, codes or practice, ethics, internal guidelines, and principles
2. Develop and maintain effective and professional working relationship with all levels of staff within the organization including senior management and audit committee of the Board.
3. Conducting audit in a professional way in accordance with internal standard and identifying key observations
4. Work with the management to ensure an internal control is in place at all levels, and ensures that all major risks of the institution are identified and analyzed on a monthly basis
5. Assess the applicability of the IASS as recommended by IFRS and to review the records for accuracy and conformance to standards
6. Review and report on the accuracy, timelines and relevance of the financial and other information that is provided for management
7. To make recommendations on the systems and procedures being reviewed, report on the findings and recommendations, and monitor management’s response and implementation
8. To conduct any review or tasks requested by external auditors or management
9. To prepare draft report of audit work performed, findings, and recommendations to management for corrective action and work with external auditors
10. Assist in the development and preparation of the annual internal audit plan
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Management
• To have ACCA or CPA diploma is an added advantage
• Minimum of 5 years of work experience as an Internal Auditor or an Accountant
Desired skills and qualities
• Demonstrated proficiency using MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint, and Sage Pastel or any other accounting software.
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills both written and verbal (English and French)
• Self-motivated and high customer care oriented
• High integrity with strong ethics and values and honesty
• Good understanding of accounting principles and financial statement
• Good understanding of the university’s risk and control requirement
• Strong analytical skills
• Highly innovative and creative skills
• Rwandan by nationality
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
TO APPLY: Please send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org and to email@example.com .
Interested candidates should submit their applications in English not later than 10th November 2021 at 05.00 pm or deposit your application at UTB reception.
• Application letter addressed to the Vice Chancellor of UTB
• A detailed curriculum vitae with three referees
• Photocopy of degrees obtained
• Other testimonials
• Photocopy of National Identity Card
• All attachments should be in Word or PDF form. No phone calls, please.
• This position will remain posted until filled.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the written test and interview.
UTB is an equal employment opportunity employer
UTB is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively encourages candidates of diverse backgrounds to apply for employment. Applicants must meet the minimum requirements in terms of qualifications.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.