Jobs at:rwanda Allied Health Professions Council
Deadline of this Job:
17 May 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, May 04, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reporting to: Registrar/ Chief Executive Officer(CEO)
Office location Kigali, Rugando
1. Scope of Work
The RAHPC intends to hire an Internal Auditor who will be working on Part- time basis to support the Council's financial systems and assist the Registrar in verification of monthly financial statements. He will work in close contact with the Finance team, the Procurement team, the Administration and Human Resource Team and the Registrar. The Internal Auditor will be administratively report to the registrar of RAHPC and will be accountable to the RAHPC Board of Directors.
The main duties of the Internal Auditor will comprise, but not necessarily be limited to:
• Develop and manage a flexible annual audit plan using appropriate risk-based methodology, including any risks or control concerns identified by management, and submit that plan to the Registrar for review, and for the Board of Directors for review and approval.
• Implement the annual audit plan, as approved, including, as appropriate, any special tasks or the council requested by management and the Board; and report periodically on the status and results of the audit plan and the adequacy of resources allotted to the function.
• Determine whether the risk management, control, and governance processes within RAHPC, as designed and represented by managements, are adequate and functioning at RAHPC.
• Assess the adequacy and effectiveness of internal control and risk management processes in RAHPC.
• Undertake financial, operational, administrative and information technology audits for RAHPC.
• Undertake review of systems of internal controls maintained by the council to safeguard financial and physical assets and making recommendations to correct any weaknesses.
• Provide advisory services, beyond internal auditing assurance services, to assist management in meeting its objectives; and, maintain a quality assurance program by which the function assures the operation of internal auditing activities.
• Evaluate and assess significant new services, processes, operations, and controls.
• Liaise with the external auditor as appropriate, for the purpose of providing optimal audit coverage of the council.
• Review and advise management on significant issues related to the processes for controlling the activities of the RAHPC, including potential improvements to those processes.
• Undertake such other activities deemed to be in conformity with the Institute of Internal Auditors standards and or Institute of Certified Public Accountants (ICPAR) for the professional practice of internal auditing and accounting.
• Carry out special audits and investigations as may be required by the Board and/ or management in case fraudulent activity is suspected.
• Carry out value for money audits to ensure that resources are acquired economically, used efficiently, deployed effectively and adequately protected; in achieving plans and objectives in operations, programs and program support.
• Follow up on the implementation of external audit recommendations.
• Follow up on the implementation of internal audit recommendations and continuous monitoring of the control environment.
• Prepare reports to the Board of Directors’.
2. Academic/Professional Qualification
The Internal Auditor will be selected on the basis of the following criteria:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration.
• Must have completed any of an internationally recognized Professional Accounting Qualifications such as (CIA, CPA, ACCA, and CQA) or its equivalent.
• Membership with the Institute of Internal Auditors or Institute of Certified Public Accountants (ICPAR).
• Knowledge of accounting packages such as QuickBooks etc.
• Thorough understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards and various regional statutory requirements and their application
• Working Knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) would be an added advantage.
3. Other skills required
• Ability to implement performance management systems, giving candid performance feedback, rewarding desirable behaviours and providing support to professional development efforts linked to strategic objectives
• Proficiency in computer applications such as word processing, data base, spreadsheets, accounting packages, email, internet and the workflow process
• Ability to maintain high standards of integrity; establish straightforward, productive relationships; treating individuals with fairness and respect, demonstrating sensitivity for ethnic, cultural and gender differences
• Strong communication and presentation skills including ability to develop proposals, concept papers, position papers as well as write reports and prepare relevant publications
• Risk management and audit processes.
• General fraud prevention strategies.
• Problem solving and analysis.
• Computer literacy.
• Team player.
• Ability to project and uphold Independence of mind.
• Attention to detail.
• Initiative and self-drive for high quality performance.
4. Experience Required
Five (5) years relevant experience in auditing of which at least two (2) years must have been in Internal and Risk Auditing position.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Requirements for application include: a dully motivated CV, a copy of the ID, an application letter addressed to the Registrar and CEO of the Council, copy of notarized degrees and license, proof of related experience.
• All applications are sent via email@example.com
• The deadline of application in the 17th May, 2022 at 16.00 pm
GASHEREBUKA Jean Damascene
Rwanda Allied Health Professions Council (RAHPC)
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.