Internal & External Communications Manager
Deadline of this Job:
25 October 2022
Date Posted: Friday, October 14, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Internal & External Communications Manager
Function: Corporate Affairs & Communications
Position Title: Internal & External Communications Manager
We are looking for a qualified, dedicated & experienced individual to fill the position of Internal & External Communications Manager located in Kigali, Rwanda reporting to the Corporate Affairs & Communications Manager.
• Develop and implement an Annual Communication plan in order to reinforce company values
• Maintain connection with Bralirwa and employees to ensure a high level of employees’motivation and an equally high-level performance and commitment
• Understand the role, diversity, acceptance, and power of news media in society and their own goals and audiences in order to create new content and generate positive coverage
• Manage Corporate Brand image by building relevant content that the company communicate externally
Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Implement the internal company strategy, together with other departments in order to drive employees’ engagement
• Offer full support and advice on internal communication matters to other departments (HR, Marketing, Supply Chain, Sales etc.)
• Coordinate and support actively internal events (New year, QUM, Family Day, Genocide Commemoration, Official visits, other occasional events, Special drinks, etc.)
• Support change management and manage all communication channels
• Establish and develop quarterly Newsletters
• Implement the employee engagement programs: i.e. Cool @ Work, alcohol policy, Business conduct, support the community, drive ambassadorship initiatives, etc.
• Choose the right media, messenger, tone of voice and delivery and develop relevant tools
• Responsible for developing and monitoring internal communication platforms, including writing/editing articles for workplace news and evaluating the channels on a regular basis as required.
• Read and analyze submissions or letters and provide relevant feedback after aligning with the Head of Corporate Affairs and Communication Manager.
• Build relationships with the media. Create and drive a proactive and transparent media plan
• Ensure and coordinate the preparation of activities in connection with the company’s external communication (Press conferences, Press releases, etc.)
• Provide a press review on sensitive issues for Management and General Management
• Work closely with the Agency managing the Corporate Media accounts in answering all complaints posted on different channels
• Play the advisory role to Marketing on Media by reviewing all press releases and other editions that are meant to be published with Media
• Track and evaluate all press coverage
• Ensure that the business is prepared for a crisis in terms of procedures and awareness. Lead communication, mobilize business and advise management during a crisis
• Develop and execute Brand PR strategies and plan, in conjunction with commercial management, to maximise and enhance brand strategy through non-paid media. Build a network in key lifestyle and news media
• Create and embed a clear PR strategy that builds equity and relevance for brands.
• Create PR assets such as imagery, footage, quotes, facts & figures to include them in Brand PR strategies and plans
• Translate data into a compelling story
Qualification And Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications Studies, Public Relations or related studies
• At least 3-5 years experience in the Communication profession in corporate companies
• Fluent in English, French and Kinyarwanda (written and spoken)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent editing and proofreading skills
• Good understanding of digital technologies used in internal and external communications
• Ability to work independently on own initiative
• Strong diplomacy and interpersonal skills
• Ability to manage communication crisis
• Ability to read and understand financial reports
• Ability to build an effective relationship with people and media
• Be innovative and creative
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
As a Diverse and Global Company, we recruit based on the principle of equal opportunity. This means that our hiring decisions are not based on race, color, religion, beliefs, etc. but our decision is purely based on your shown competencies and behaviors during the assessment process.
In case you meet the above requirement, please go to https://careers.theheinekencompany.com/ and search for “Internal & External Communications Manager”. Only applications meeting the requirements will be contacted.
All applicants must apply using our online application system, CVs received via email or standard post will NOT be considered. In case you face any challenges in applying, please let us know through email@example.com (no applications will be accepted through this email).
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.