Internal IT Auditor
Deadline of this Job:
30 July 2020
Date Posted: Friday, July 17, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Ministry of Trade and Industry would like to inform the Public that the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA), is seeking to recruit four persons qualified for the following Job positions: Internal IT Auditor .
Under the supervision of the Chief Internal Auditor, the IT Internal Auditor shall perform the following duties:
• The IT Internal Auditor shall be responsible for evaluating the effectiveness of the organization’s IT controls and risk management structures in operations, systems, policies, strategies and practices for the achievement of the organizational objectives. He/she shall equally evaluate the impact of financial and business practices and controls on IT resources.
• The IT Auditor shall also evaluate the effectiveness of the security of records and data. He/she shall carry out consultations with IT and business owners on IT controls to be deployed in new IT Projects.
• Plan and conduct the following reviews: IT security; IT governance; and IT general and application controls;
• Assess existence, efficiency, and effectiveness of the IT control environment by directing control/process optimization;
• Review IT policies and procedures; perform evaluation of control design; and carry out assessment of the effectiveness of internal controls concerning IT processes and systems;
• Add value to and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the IT audits by leading best practices for standards and procedures;
• Keep abreast of emerging technologies within the IT environment and help in developing audit strategies to counter risks that might be associated with the application of such technologies;
• Support system and financial audit teams in achieving internal process improvement in non-IT areas; and
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Chief Internal Auditor.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information System, or in other related discipline. Certifications such as CISA or CISSP.
• At least five years’ practical experience in IT Audits.
• Proficiency in the requirements of the
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 5 years
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.