Internship- Finance Assistant, Kigali
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.Career Opportunities: Internship- Finance Assistant,Kigali
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, color, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.Background And Purpose Of The Assigment:
The expectation for the internship holder with G5 Finance Assistant level, is to take responsibility for completion of a range of finance/budget related processes and activities requiring some interpretation or standard guidelines/practices. To recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and to allocate tasks to other support staff.
The purpose of the job is to support effective delivery of finance, budget and administration support services in order to facilitate transparent and efficient utilization of financial resources.Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive)
Under the direct supervision of the National Finance Officer, the intern will be responsible for the following duties:
1. Maintenance of invoices in Invoice Tracking System up to send to Wings step, and monthly ITS reports for review by the Finance Officer
2. Support in the preparation of the monthly cash forecast
3. Billing fuel, private use of vehicles, telephones, travel and prepare related journal vouchers
4. Follow up on staff and third party receivables and payables, purchase requisitions and purchase orders open items
5. Participate in review of vendor master data regularly
6. Participate in the preparation of the semi-annual vendor balances confirmation
7. Prepare monthly VAT claims to RWANDA REVENUE AUTHORITY
8. Familiarize with the Financial dashboard
9. Any other duties as required.
Standard Minimum QualificationsSimilar Jobs in RwandaLearn more about World Food Programme (WFP) World Food Programme (WFP) jobs in RwandaEducation:
• Bachelor’s degree. Field of study: Finance and Accounting
• Not a mandatory requirement, but internship in similar capacities would be a plusKnowledge &Skills:
• Basic knowledge of internal control, risk management, and monitoring mechanisms.
• Knowledge of financial and accounting principles and practices to ensure compliance with WFP policies, procedures and accounting standards
• General knowledge on SAP (Systems, Applications and Products in Data processing) utilized by WFP
• Excellent writing and communication skills in English.
• Fluency in English. Knowledge of Kinyarwanda is an assetDeadline For Applications
Terms And Conditions
WFP is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates meeting the above qualifications are encouraged to apply on-line through WFP recruitment website.
This VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT is open ONLY to Rwandan Nationals.
Please note that WFP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Only Women are Eligible to Apply
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.