Investment Manager/Associate Rwanda
Jobs at:iungo capital
Deadline of this Job:
31 March 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, March 17, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Investment Manager/Associate Rwanda
Many East African SMEs are stuck in the “missing middle”, a financing gap for businesses who need between USD 50k and 500k. iungo capital is an investment company that provides growth capital to such early stage and growing SMEs in Rwanda, Kenya and Uganda. iungo capital invests in businesses that are cash positive and highly scalable. iungo capital leverages the resources, networks and expertise of local business angels who are invited to co-invest on a deal by deal basis, and brings in the additionally required capital as lead investor, structured as short to mid-term mezzanine debt.
iungo capital is currently looking to expand our Rwanda investment team with an investment manager/associate based in Kigali, Rwanda, who have a passion for being hands-on, on-site, and end-to-end involved with SMEs, to help them become investment ready, support the overall investment execution process, and to assist them in maximizing growth, scaling operations, improving business performance and realizing their impact potential. More specifically, we are looking for professionals who can take responsibility for some of the following tasks –in line with their experience, preference, and ambitions.
Tasks & responsibilities
• Screen potential businesses for investment, based on various operational, financial, and ESG criteria.
• Interact with local partners and pipeline feeder organizations.
• Conduct in-depth credit appraisal analysis based on current assets and potential future income.
• Create financial projection models for income, balance sheet, and cash flow.
• Conduct profitability analysis of overall business and business units.
• Prepare investment documentations.
• Support the investment negotiation process.
• Support the deal execution process.
• Identify potential co-investing business angels.
Expected background & skills
• A Master's degree in business administration, economics, or finance/accounting.
• Management consulting or tangible investment experience; either having worked with a major accounting/consulting organization or investment company.
• Intensive knowledge and understanding, preferably by experience, of some of the following business domains: operations, financial and risk management, accounting, management controls.
• Knowledge of the East African SME sector; specific understanding of the agribusinesses, healthcare, and/or manufacturing sector in Rwanda will be considered a plus.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team, with an entrepreneurial drive.
• Abilities to establish a mixture of empathy, trust, confidentiality, and straightforwardness, paramount to help the entrepreneur to see things more clearly from a different viewpoint.
• Excellent feedback, interpersonal and communication skills
• Creativity and flexibility to interact with entrepreneurs to offer individualized services.
• Problem-solving and strategic planning abilities; analytical skills and attention to detail; good numerical skills.
• And finally, commitment and self-motivation are key to being part of an organization that takes skin in the game. You enjoy seeing the results and impact of your work, making a difference in the environment that surrounds you.
We offer a competitive salary and a challenging job in the impact investment sector, in an international and diverse environment, with a lot of responsibilities and opportunities to influence the development of our organization, contributing to sustainable change. We aspire a joint future in the long term.
We are looking for candidates already based in Rwanda with valid work permit.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Are you interested? You can apply by sending your 1-page application letter and max. 2-page CV to firstname.lastname@example.org , specifying with “business advisor - accountant” and desired country location in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis; only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.