Jobs at:Agence Française de Développement (AFD)
Deadline of this Job:
31 January 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 05, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Agence Française de Développement (AFD) Group is a French public institution that implements France’s policy in the areas of development and international solidarity. Our mission is to contribute to the economic, social, and environmental progress of low and middle-income countries. In practical terms, this mission is carried out by providing loans, grants, expertise, or technical assistance. They are granted to States, local authorities, companies, foundations, or NGOs and are used to complete projects in many different fields including climate, biodiversity, energy, education and urban planning, health, digital technology, sport, and training.
AFD Group comprises AFD and its subsidiaries Proparco, dedicated to financing private-sector stakeholders, and Expertise France, the French international technical cooperation agency. Thanks to its network of 85 agencies throughout the world, AFD Group finances, and monitors over 4,000 development projects and programmes. In 2020, the Group’s commitments amounted to €12.1 billion.
As part of the normalization of relations between France and Rwanda, AFD opened an office in Kigali in October 2021.
AFD's action in Rwanda is organized around three pillars: human capital (health, education, and vocational training); sustainable economic development; territorial development, and access to basic services.
AFD has a historic relationship with two major banks: BRD - Development Bank of Rwanda and Bank of Kigali, with which it has various ongoing programs (lines of credit, technical assistance). It seeks to explore the possibility to build partnerships with other public finance institutions (Agaciro, RSSB, National Bank of Rwanda, microfinance institutions) and to lend directly to Rwandan public enterprises that have the legal and financial capacity.
AFD is hiring an external consultant for a 6-month period (with possible extension) to help expend its portfolio in the financial sector and the support to state-owned entreprises.
Mission: reporting to the Country Director of AFD in Rwanda, the Investment Officer (‘IO’) is based in Kigali with an overall responsibility of identifying / managing / following up of a project portfolio (existing and to be developed) with public financial institutions and State owned enterprises.
• Identifying and developing a pipeline of projects with public banks and State owned enterprises;
• Drafting of application forms and project identification forms
• Facilitating due diligence missions on projects and liaising with the head office and regional office and project teams
• Participating in the negotiating process of credit facilities;
• Monitoring the existing projects in terms of signing, disbursements, repayments, compliance with financial covenants and reporting requirements;
• Managing the portfolio in collaboration with the Portfolio Department and ensuring constant dialogues with AFD’s beneficiaries;
• Monitoring the evolution of the regulatory framework;
• Participating in sector dialog and follow up of the relevant government strategies, notably on green finance linked;
• Contributing to the definition of AFD strategy and eventual support to knowledge production or technical assistance program;
• Ensuring the daily contacts with all AFD’s partners on the portfolio: beneficiaries, Rwandan authorities, French embassy, NGOs, etc.
• Representing AFD in fora relating to the portfolio.
Master’s Degree in finance or similar qualification, with at least 5 years of relevant experience in finance positions in a reputable organization and hands-on experience in financial analysis, financial modelling, and credit risk assessment. You are able to draft clear and concise reports or analytical notes. You possess advanced Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. You have excellent interpersonal skills and a strong appetite for team work. In your previous positions, you have shown a great sense of autonomy and an ability to bring new ideas. Excellent communication and writing skills in English are required; knowledge of French would be a strong plus.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should be sent applications to the office email address: AFDAgencedeKIGALI@afd.fr Closing date for submission of applicants: January 31st, 2022 at 5 pm
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.