Issuing and receiving clerk
Deadline of this Job:
24 June 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, May 26, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Sokowatch is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small shops to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services previously unavailable to informal businesses. Sokowatch aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across Rwanda,Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda use Sokowatch's mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Role: Issuing and receiving clerk, Reporting into Assistant Shop Manager
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Manage inventory, incoming deliveries to the warehouse by verifying and signing for shipments, unloading and storing the received items, issuing and processing any returns
• Stock counting: Ensure daily stock counting and balancing
• Ensure that whatever comes in and out of stock is recorded on a daily and weekly basis
• Match purchase orders to sales orders and distribute to the shop for processing
• Fulfil internal customer orders
• Ensure they load and unload merchandise from the delivery trucks and move merchandise to the appropriate storage area
• Prepare outgoing shipments, and check that orders are complete and not damaged
• Document and prepare reports about shipments and inventory levels; putting labels on goods; maintaining the storage area; replenishing work supplies
• Shrinkage Control: Ensure minimal loss of merchandise through correct counting of what was received and what was issued
• Closely following safety guidelines in the warehouse
• Performing other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications and skills required
• Diploma supply chain/Procurement or in any business related Course
• Knowledge in accounting software is an added advantage
• Good communication skills
• Computer skills (Ms Excel)
• At least 1+ year experience in a similar role/storekeeper
• Ready & Willing to work 45 hours per week.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.