Junior Financial Manager
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, September 20 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, September 06 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung, a German Foundation working with partners to promote social justice, is looking for a candidate to fill in the position of “Junior Financial Manager” for the “SD4SD” EU-Project from October 2023 in our Kigali office.
Duties and responsibilities:
Under the overall supervision of the Country Director and the FES Manager for Finance and Administration, the duties and responsibilities of the incumbent are as follows:
• All financial administration related to the “SD4SD” EU-Project, including checking bills and invoices, monthly accounting, and book-keeping with the FIBU accounting program, controlling the overall budget according to the FES and EU financial guidelines and conditions, briefing national FES staff regularly on financial guidelines.
• Continuous contact with the partner COTRAF.
• Monthly preparation and support by closing of accounts and transfer of monthly accounts to the Head Office in Germany, overseeing that all expenses of the “SD4SD” EU-Project incurred are documented.
• Monthly bank reconciliation and liaison of the “SD4SD” EU-Project with the bank and partner COTRAF.
• Budget projections related to the “SD4SD” EU-Project and monitoring, liquidity management, financial reporting to the FES Manager for Finance and Administration.
• Supporting the communication with the respective finance desk officers in FES Germany well as with local and international partners on financial issues of the accounting program.
• Monthly payroll preparation and monthly mandatory remittances related to the “SD4SD” EU-Project as required by law.
• Support of track-keeping of annual leave records for employees related to the “SD4SD” EU-Project.
• Vetting of supplier contracts related to the “SD4SD” EU-Project.
• Assist in procurement processes following the procurement guidelines and standards related to the “SD4SD” EU-Project.
Qualifications and Experience:
• University Degree in Finance, Business & Economics,
• Minimum of 3 years working experience in the field of accounting, finance administration and knowledge in human resource management or equivalent working experience,
• Excellent written and verbal English and Kinyarwanda language skills, German and / or French language skills are an advantage,
• Strong interpersonal communication skills and understanding of confidentiality in financial as well as human-resources aspects,
• Highly organized and focused on details and accuracy,
• Team player,
• Good Microsoft Office 365 skills,
• Applicant must have Rwandan Nationality or be allowed to work in Rwanda,
• Experience in EU project administration is an advantage?
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Remuneration will be commensurate with experience.
• The job will be initially limited to one year and may be extended for the remaining duration of the project (19 month).
• If you are interested, please visit.
• http://jobs.fes-rwanda.org/ or www.fes-rwanda.org/about-us/job-offers/
• and fill in the online application form completely.
• It can be found here: https://forms.gle/JyDj5HPNHi9eq4M66
• The deadline for applications is Friday, 13 September 2023 at 1.00 pm.
• Only complete applications will be accepted, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.