Key Account Manager – Solid’Africa Community Benefit Company
Deadline of this Job:
25 October 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Key Account Manager – Solid’Africa Community Benefit Company
Solid’Africa is a Rwandan social enterprise founded in 2010 whose primary goal is to provide meals to low-income patients in public hospitals as food is not covered by public health insurance. We currently feed 1235 patients every day with three medically-tailored meals. The distribution of food on such a large scale is made possible through our farm to fork approach:
• Farm 84% of the produce we need on land awarded by the government.
• Design medically-tailored meals with nutritionists and cook meals in our industrial kitchen.
• Distribute food directly to patients in 8 public hospitals in Kigali.
• Food waste from the kitchen and leftovers from hospitals are used on our farms to grow organic produce.
We are looking to bring on board an individual to oversee client accounts, with a focus on growing them for client satisfaction.
The preservation of dignity, acceleration of the recovery process, and the promotion of health equity for vulnerable patients in public hospitals is the mission of Solid’Africa. We are a Rwandan NON PROFIT organization founded in 2010, dedicated to feeding low-income patients who cannot afford to pay for their meals during their hospital stay. We diligently uphold Empathy, Equity, Dignity, Integrity, Sustainability, and Volunteerism as our core values.
Our passion is food, we believe FOOD IS MEDICINE. We aim to develop close relationships; use our experience, global exposure, and know-how to provide customized, nutritious, and healthy meals to our partners (paying and non-paying) to ultimately achieve dignity and equity for all patients in African Health Systems. We are not just in the business of food; we also deliver hygiene and medical support to low-income patients in Rwandan public hospitals. At Solid’Africa, we bring together individual, corporate bodies, foundations, and the Government of Rwanda to create a system that thrives on intersectional help. Learn more by visiting www.solidafrica.rw
As Key Account Manager (KAM), you will develop key customer accounts for Solid’Africa CBC according to defined objectives and build long-term strategic partnerships to support the scale-up phase of the meal provision services. Furthermore, you will lead the development and ensure the implementation of plans that are aligned with overall business and customer requirements.
• Location – HQ Nyagahinga, Rusororo, Kigali.
• Functional Department – Finance reporting to CFO
• Contract Type – Fixed Term, renewable.
• Travel – 50%
What We Offer at Solid’Africa
• A chance to be a changemaker supporting vulnerable patients.
• A dynamic working environment where your ideas will be heard.
• Genuine opportunity to develop a client base and grow with it.
• Competitive remuneration and incentives based on the developed portfolio size.
Activities of the Key Account Manager at Solid’Africa CBC
• Define and drive existing customer account requirements by regular contact, leading to the adoption of additional value-added menus as and when developed by the production team.
• Formulation, development, and implementation of a sales and marketing strategy with the aim of increasing the customer base.
• Following up on the marketing strategy to ensure the leads generated are visited, their requirements understood, and that services proposed to them are negotiated and deals closed.
• Analyzing the local food supply market in line with client requirements and proposing action for maintaining competitiveness.
• Acting as the main point of contact between the clients and internal teams.
• Collaborate mainly with the kitchen production team to drive new business opportunities and customer retention strategies.
• Measuring and reporting on the impact and outcome of marketing and selling campaigns.
• Inculcate in other team members at Solid’Africa a culture of upselling to give the company more visibility.
• Complete other duties as assigned, to meet the ongoing needs of the company. What will make you successful
• At least 3 years of key account management experience in the food service industry and over this period you have successfully delivered on building and maintaining a portfolio.
• Your experience should ideally be backed by an academic degree in a business field and a professional certification in sales and marketing.
• A good understanding of the local Rwandan food market.
• Strong technical knowledge of food and nutrition and the functioning of a commercial kitchen or a mass production line.
• Understanding well all sales functions i.e. marketing, customers, retention, etc.
• Keen with attention to detail (include “food is medicine” at the top of your application).
• Good written and oral communication in English & Kinyarwanda, working knowledge of French will also be a great asset but not mandatory.
• Strong planning and analytical skills with a systematic approach to work for quick decision-making
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
We are a team of about 100, all committed to the core mission of Solid’Africa. If you feel you are the right individual and our requirements describe you, we would love to hear from you.
Reach us at email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org Briefly let us know how you relate to our cause, what you would do differently to address the challenge and how having you on board will help in achieving our mission.
This position MUST report to the office to start on the 14th of November 2022.
Applications will be received until 23rd October 2022 with successful candidates being notified by 25th October 2022 and interviews conducted by 28th October 2022.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.