Jobs at:Wellspring Academy
Deadline of this Job:
18 July 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, July 14, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Laboratory Technician for Secondary section
Wellspring Academy is an international Christian School with a Vision to produce a new generation of servant leaders to bless Rwanda and display the best of Rwanda to the world. The school is currently hiring a teacher of Laboratory Technician.
This person is expected to work successfully with a range of students, be verse in research-based practices and seek to become part of our learning community.
Nature and Scope of Job:
The Laboratory Technician at Wellspring Academy is responsible for the following duties and responsibilities;
• liaising with academic staff to discuss timetables, equipment requirements and work plans;
• running trials of experiments prior to classes and then demonstrating techniques for experiments;
• preparing equipment and chemicals before lessons - from test tubes to state-of-the-art microscopes;
• maintaining and repairing equipment and laboratory apparatus;
• record keeping, e.g. for students' practical sessions, tracking methods, results, etc;
• ensuring that equipment is properly cleaned and that chemicals, drugs and other materials are appropriately stored;
• cataloguing recordings and making them available when;
• supporting the work of teachers in classes and laboratory sessions and giving technical advice to staff and students;
• working with individual students and supporting them on practical research;
• managing the stock control of chemicals and equipment;
• ensuring that all health and safety procedures are understood and followed correctly;
• Coordinating work in the laboratory to ensure efficient use is made of expensive pieces of equipment.
• Undertaking pastoral duties, such as taking on the role of form tutor, and supporting students on an individual basis through academic or personal difficulties;
• Preparing students for qualifications and external examinations;
• Managing student behavior in the classroom and on school premises, and applying appropriate and effective measures in cases of misbehavior;
• Supervising and supporting the work of all the school community;
• Participating in and organizing extracurricular activities, such as outings, social activities and sporting events;
• Participating in meetings, parents' visits and whole school training events;
• Undergoing regular observations and participating in regular in-service training as part of continuing professional development;
• Lab technician supports, observes and records the progress of the learners. She/he also plans practical sessions in line with the school objectives with the aim of ensuring a Christian culture of learning.
• Performs other assigned comparable or transient duties, which are within the area of knowledge and skills required by this job description
Laboratory technician in the secondary section report directly to the Deputy Principal in charge of Secondary section. Professional Qualifications:
At least a Bachelors’ degree in teaching Chemistry or related field from an accredited higher learning institution
Expected experience and skills:
• Minimum of TWO years of working experience in an international program (CIE preferred).
• Practical computer skills of Microsoft office package ( Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
• Proficiency in English is required
Personal and spiritual qualities
• A strong relationship with Christ and a desire to grow in faith
• Passionate with education and love for children
• Excellent interpersonal skills (enjoys working with people, encouraging, sharing ideas, motivating and a positive mind)
• Practice principles of Christian growth including prayer, study, witnessing, and discipleship.
• Physical, mental and health fitness to perform the duties and responsibilities.">
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should visit our school website www.wellspringacademy.org then go to join our community and fill the form “ Job opportunities at Wellspring Academy”
Closing date for applications: July 18, 2022
Provisional dates for interview: July 26, 2022
We thank all candidates for their interest in working with the Wellspring Academy, but due to large numbers of applications, only successfully shortlisted applicants will be contacted for the interview.
Thank you for submitting your application
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.