Jobs at:Inkomoko Entrepreneur Development
Deadline of this Job:
15th November 2019
Date Posted: Wednesday, November 06, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
COMPANY: AEC Rwanda Trustee Ltd
POSITION: Loan Officer
TERM: Full time (40 hrs/week, est)
LOCATION: Fairview Building, 1st Floor, KG 622, Kimihurura, Kigali, Rwanda Behind MINIJUST, same road as Lemigo
REPORTS TO: Loan Portfolio Director
ABOUT AEC RWANDA TRUSTEE
AEC Rwanda Trustee Ltd provides low-cost capital leases and project finance to entrepreneurs and SMEs in Rwanda. With backing from US-based investors, we provide up to $50,000 in financing with flexible loan terms to qualified borrowers.
The Loan fund is exclusively open to INKOMOKO clients. Inkomoko Business Development provides clients with a range of business support services, which decreases our investment risk.
This partnership model allows AEC Rwanda Trustee to make decisions based on a range of indicators, including financial information, potential for social impact, and character of the entrepreneur.
Currently, we are hiring one position in Kigali, Rwanda. .
THE OPPORTUNITY & RESPONSIBILITIES
AEC Rwanda Trustee’s Loan Manager is responsible for the items below:
Management (30% time)
• Supervise loan officers staff in Rwanda, setting their work plans, quarterly performance reviews, and maintaining weekly staff check-ins.
• Be aware at all times of key goals and develop daily strategies to achieve those goals in alignment with budget and culture.
• Work with Portfolio Director to plan and manage the budget, staffing, and other resource needs to deliver program outcomes.
• Interpret, apply, and ensure departmental compliance with applicable donors and local policies laws, and regulations.
• Ensure all staff under your supervision are compliant with organizational HR policies, credit policy and implement disciplinary actions when they are not.
• Be a good ambassador in ensuring the organizational culture is understood and followed through by all staffs under your supervision.
• Represent the company in a highly professional manner in stakeholders’ and government meetings and events in the absence of the Portfolio Director.
• Elevate important trends, risks, and other notable activities to management.
Due Diligence and Lease Preparation (20%)
• Respond to inquiries from prospective borrowers, support them to apply for our loan products.
• Introduce the loan products to entrepreneurs, explaining the requirements for repayment and the seriousness of taking on debt financing.
• Introduce the loan products to SMEs, Refugees and host community entrepreneurs,
• Conduct due diligence on prospective borrowers, including site visits, document preparation, coordination with the Business Development Associate, etc.
• Communicate all materials to the Portfolio Director, and assist in preparing credit reports for Investment Committee meetings.
• Take photos of entrepreneurs, have them sign photo waivers, and post their stories on Kiva platform.
Portfolio Management (20%)
• Offer excellent customer service through daily conversations, correspondence, and site visits as needed to maintain strong positive relationships with borrowers.
• Work with Inkomoko to ensure borrower success, and Visit clients for monitoring.
• Track information about borrowers and communicate effectively with key stakeholders about client status.
• Actively participate as key staff in the weekly Portfolio Review Meeting.
• Maintain a tracking system of borrower payments and contact information.
• Interact with government leaders, court systems, refugee’s and host communities’ stakeholders and others for follow up on lack of payments.
• Work with the Finance& Admin Director/Accountant to produce invoices for payments.
• Ensure that we are adhering to the requirements of our Kiva partnership, including reporting and journaling.
• Detailed knowledge of lending products
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Loan Management System (30 % time)
• Maintain and demonstrate proficiency with loan software applications
• Work with system providers to utilize applications to fullest capacity, streamlining processes and procedures, ensuring accuracy and compliance
• Assist with system parameters and design to meet the needs of multiple departments.
• Manage user security access.
• Direct loan input (system boarding) and verification procedures for all loans.
• Ensure proper segregation of duties, develop and maintain workflows for all stages of loan input.
• Advise the Management team on how to automate key lending processes.
• Supervise all aspects of the loan operations. This supervision includes posting of payment, payoffs and balancing, disbursing loan funds.
• Ensure lending staff is provided with updates and procedural changes.
• Participates in the review and recommendations of operational systems and procedures.
• Successfully interact with lending staff to improve accuracy and efficiencies of a Loan management system
• Prepare related reports and administer the system.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor
• Micro businesses and SMEs is STRONGLY preferred.
• Experience in managing loan staffs
• Experience providing business advice to entrepreneurs
• Prior experience dealing with customers/debt
• Prior experience in a lending environment
• Prior experience in Loan management system software
• Decisive individuals with the ability to deliver unpleasant messages to the debtors and assertive enough to get the debtors pay off the entire debt
• Experience in managing difficult clients and reaching positive outcomes
• Very strong attention to detail and good follow-through.
• Comfort with the civil court system, Collateral registration and previous experience in litigation preferred
• Unrelenting perseverance, personal integrity, and critical thinking skills
• Loan Manager will be a trusted partner of AEC Trustee clients and basic qualifications
• A university degree in Information Technology, Management, Finance or another related field
• Must speak fluent English, French, and Kinyarwanda.
• Experience in group savings and lending is strongly preferred
• Experience in lending products developments is an added advantage
• Experience in loan management, micro-finance, capital leases, and access to finance for.
• 3+ years of work experience in relevant or applicable field.
• Must be able to legally work in Rwanda.
Job Education Requirements: university degree in Information Technology
Job Experience Requirements: 3+ years
Job application procedure
Please submit your cover letter to Inkomoko application portal by 15th November 2019, explaining how your skills and experience will be valuable to this role.
Include your full name and “Loan Manager” in the email subject line. Click Here to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.