Jobs at:Health Sector Staff Mutual Aid Group (HSS-MAG)
Deadline of this Job:
13th May 2019
Date Posted: 7th May 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
HEALTH SECTOR STAFF MUTUAL AID GROUP
Terms of Reference: Loan Officer
Position: Loan Officer
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Reports to: HSS-MAG Manager
Contract Type: Full time
Rwanda’s health sector has grown rapidly over the past 25 years. Being a services sector, one of its core assets is skilled and devoted personnel. To enhance staff motivation, retention, the Ministry of Health (MoH) together with various stakeholders in the health sector championed the establishment of a savings and credit scheme, called Health Sector Staff Mutual Aid Group (HSS-MAG) where health sector staff can accumulate savings and access affordable credit. Additionally, it aims to stimulate a saving culture and promote social cohesion among Health Sector staffs.
The HSS-MAG Loan officer is responsible for all loans operations from the collection of loans data, recording, keeping the supporting documents and preparation of loans reports..
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
The HSS-MAG Loan officer will:
• Support the General Manager of HSS-MAG to provide accurate and timely records of all the Loan Management transactions of HSS-MAG.
• Report to the Manager on a monthly basis on the performance of Credit control operations of HSS-MAG,
• Maintaining daily loan Management reports, and preparing and distributing weekly and monthly Loan Repayment reports to management in accordance with HSS-MAG requirements.
• Preparation of the loan requested file for analysis and approval by the BOD
• Preparing Loan amortization and interest calculation,
• Preparing letters to institutions for the instruction of the loan repayment, the started month for loan repayment and the period of reimbursement for each loan granted and inform at the end of loan repayment.
• Filing and keeping member’s loan files and all correspondence
• Loan ageing lists are issued in a timely manner in accordance with the HSS – MAG Procedures;
• To ensure that a loan reconciliation is prepared on a monthly basis
• He/She is responsible and liable of all loans malpractices of HSS/MAG, including loss and poor handling of supporting documents, lack or inadequate filing of loans files, inaccuracy in reports, non-compliance with procedures in loan reimbursement procedures,
• Participate in the preparation of HSS-MAG annual plan and budget; Manage budget to ensure that budget include the right interest rates applied by HSS – MAG and other income
• Ensure timely disbursement of funds to members and regularly update management on loans and repayments status
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Must be of Rwandan nationality
• Fluent in English and Kinyarwanda; French is an asset
• Must hold a Bachelor’s degree (A0) in management or in Finance with 3-year experience in a saving and credit institution. Holding a CPA or ACCA is an added advantage;
• High Analytical skills;
• Report writing and presentation skills.
• Time management skills;
• Excellent problem-solving skills and clear logical thinking;
• Proven working experience in the microfinance field
• Thorough knowledge of loans principles and procedures
• Good computer skills in word processing (MS Word), spreadsheet (MS Excel), and accounting software
• Able and willing to learn to extend his/her scope of work
• Honest and trustworthy.
• Strong attention to detail and confidentiality.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit soft copies of the motivation letter, CV and notarized copy of required degree, other important documents and Maximum of 3 persons of professional references addressed electronically to the HSS-MAG Secretariat at the Ministry of Health, latest Monday 13th May 2019 on the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions/clarifications may be requested by email to the following email address: email@example.com .Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the exam and interview.
Dr. Aline MUNYANSHONGORE