JALI Savings and Credit Limited
Deadline of this Job:
11th January 2019
Date Posted: 8th January 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full-Time , Currency: RwF
JALI Savings and Credit Limited (JS.C Ltd] is an lnvestee Company of JALI Holdings Ltd and JALI Transport Ltd which are an investment Companies of Rwanda Federation of Transport Cooperatives (RFTC). The latter is made up of 4 unions with a total number of members well over 3500. JSC Ltd was incorporated as a microﬁnance institution under the laws of the Republic of Rwanda by the Rwanda Development Board on the 26th January 2018. lts headquarters is located in NYABUGOGO, INKUNDAMAHORO BUILDING — MORDEN MARKET at Kigali.
The main founding objective of JSC Ltd is to provide reliable and affordable financial solutions initially to small and Medium Size Enterprises and local individuals. Our primary targeted clientele is mainly made up of members of transport cooperatives across Rwanda, drivers, motor vehicle operators, garages and spare parts shops, car wash bay businesses and individual transport operators but will also extend ﬁnancial services to the rest of the public. It is in this regard that JALI Savings and Credit Limited (J S.C ltd) would like to recruit staff for the following vacant positions. The table below shows the job position, requirements and number for each position.
Key tasks and responsibilities
• Maintain a working knowledge of JSC Ltd lending and credit policies and answer customer questions appropriately ;
• Take loan applications, approve or reject them within individual lending authority;
• Maintain records and prepare required monthly reports;
• Explain eligibility and credit conditions, procedures and necessary documentation to applicants;
• Provide written information about the conditions of the loan types available and the loan application forms to potential applicants and to conduct a preliminary assessment of applications;
• Arrange and conduct interviews with applicants and for business, loans carry out ﬁeld visits for applicants who satisfy the preliminary assessment ;
• Check the applicant’s collateral;
• Check the creditworthiness of applicants;
• Evaluate applications on the basis of information submitted and compiled and subsequently to prepare recommendations for the credit Manager;
• Ensuring that the credit taken out is used effectively for as it was originally intended ;
• Gather information and submit required reports;
• Make a recovery for clients with a loan;
• Any other duties as allocated by the Managing Director.
Speciﬁc Requirements for the Post
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance or any other related ﬁeld;
• Good understanding of credit operations management in a Credit department;
• At least 3 years‘ experience working in a microﬁnance Institution or Bank;
• Good analytical skills, ﬂexible and creative;
• Good communication skills;
• Comfortable with MS
• Ofﬁce and good working knowledge of Excel;
• Attention to detail;
• Discretion and integrity;
• Ability to work collaboratively as part of the team;
• Age not above 35 Years.
Job application procedure
lnterested candidates are required to submit the following at the reception of JALI Holdings Ltd Head Office located at MUHIMA KN 1 RD 30 P.O BOX 3630 Kigali-Rwanda not later than Friday 11 January 2019 at 17:00 PM.
• Application Letter
• Comprehensive Curriculum vitae
• Certiﬁed Copies of Degree/Certificate
• Copy of the Bio data page of the ID
• A telephone number and mail address
• Names and Contact address (with telephone &Emails) of 3 referees
• Note that only Rwandans candidates who meet the above requirements will be shortlisted and contacted for written test and interview.
Done at Kigali, on 4th, January 2019