Jobs at:World Food Programme
Deadline of this Job:
04 December 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, November 24, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
This position will be based in Rwanda country office, Kigali duty station. It requires a results-oriented candidate to help strengthen operations and staff capabilities under the direct supervision of a more senior logistics Officer.
The candidate must have good technical and managerial abilities to maximise the efficiency of the logistics operations and activities. The candidate is expected to be results-oriented, demonstrate adaptive capacities in effective supply chain management, and make significant contributions to planning and operations at country and regional scales.
To collect, analyse and report on information to maximise efficiency of the logistics operations and activities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
• Contribute to developing and implementing logistics plans and procedures in line with the global WFP supply chain and regional/functional strategies, policies and plans to achieve operational cost efficiency, agility, reliability, and quality and support national capacity strengthening.
• Support the planning, implementation, and management of Logistics Contracting and transport activities, initiatives in compliance with the established strategies, policies, procedures, and controls, and following corporate standards, with particular emphasis on quality control, loss prevention, risk mitigation and cost-effectiveness.
• Perform analysis and detailed conceptual work putting together comprehensive reports identifying opportunities for improvement and effective operationalisation of Logistics Contracting and transport management activities.
• Organize, lead, and participate in logistics meetings/committees, including the local transport committee
• Ensure that accurate and complete accounting, reporting, and internal control systems in managing transport contracting and operations are functioning and that all relevant records are maintained.
• Provide technical contributions to market analysis and supply chain network mapping to inform the selection of appropriate operation modalities to improve supply chain performance.
• Contribute to adequate logistics preparedness through contingency planning and continuous logistics preparedness reviews.
• Manage service providers/vendors, transporters, and operations to promote safe, efficient planning and execution of WFP operations and safeguard WFP’s interest.
• Guide and supervise junior staff, contribute to developing their technical skills, act as a point of referral and support them with more complex analyses and queries, and coordinate to ensure individual and team objectives are achieved.
• Participate in developing further procedures (SOP) improvements in the relevant area of responsibility.
• Identify and build productive partnerships with counterparts amongst government and other national organisations, UN agencies, NGOs and the private sector to share operational knowledgeand resources and build capacity to ensure coordinated and cost-effective supply chain operations.
• Perform other related duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Education: Advanced University degree, preferably in Supply Chain Management, Logistics & Transport, Engineering, Economics, Business Administration, Logistics, or another related field, or First University degree with additional 2-5 years of related work experience and training/courses.
Experience in managing logistics operations contracting and performance management, logistics services markets assessments, and retail engagement, including coordination with internal and external stakeholders.
Experience in evaluating offers and writing proposals and reports.
Experience managing relationships and national capacity-building initiatives with UN agencies, NGOs, the private sector, and government organisations.
Experience evaluating and selecting service providers and suppliers.
Experience identifying operational risks and maintaining documentation on emergency preparedness.
Experience in implementing approved corrective actions to improve performance and monitor progress.
Experience supervising staff
Knowledge & Skills:
Master in Negotiation, analysis and writing skills
Languages: Fluency (level C) in the English language.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
Provide oversight and support to logistics work to ensure the unit’s performance is at a high standard, maintain top performance in the region and globally, including timely, effective, and efficient delivery
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This Position is open for Rwanda Nationals only.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.