Jobs at:FHI 360
Deadline of this Job:
22 August 2021
Date Posted: Friday, August 13, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
M&E Officer – Rwanda Schools and Systems Activity
FHI 360 is a global development organization, with a rigorous, evidence-based approach to human development. Our team of professionals includes experts in health, nutrition, education, economic development, civil society, environment and research. FHI 360 operates from over 60 offices with more than 4000 employees in the United States and around the world. Our commitment to partnerships at all levels and our multi-disciplinary approach allows us to have a lasting impact on the people, communities and countries we serve by improving the lives of millions We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of M&E Officer for the Schools and Systems (S&S) USAID-funded project in Rwanda.
The Rwanda Schools and Systems Activity will strengthen the education system to enable all pre-primary and lower primary school and classroom environments to be of high quality, inclusive, and focused on learning of foundational reading skills. Specifically, the five-year activity will improve learning outcomes by focusing on increasing Kinyarwanda literacy skills of boys and girls through primary 3 (P3) through four intermediate results: (1) Pre-primary education system enhanced to develop, promote and improve emergent literacy, (2) Lower primary reading classroom instruction improved, (3) School environments improved for increased lower primary reading outcomes, and (4) Education systems management strengthened for improved literacy outcomes. The Schools and Systems Activity will include a focus on learning for children with disabilities to ensure project approaches reach all children.
The M&E Officer is member of the Schools and Systems M&E team and will work in close collaboration with the technical staff, project partners’ staff and government stakeholders on the implementation of the activity’s monitoring and evaluation system.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist MEL Director in the monitoring of performance and evaluation of results; overseeing data collection, quality, and analysis; reporting results to the project leadership team and other stakeholders.
• Assist MEL Director in the defining, implementation, and monitoring of key project performance indicators (KPIs) throughout the life of the projects.
• Assist MEL Director in the implementation of project baseline, formative research, and/or rapid/special studies that address gender and disabilities dynamics-all parts of the project's approach.
• Assist MEL Director in the coordination and the development of the project monitoring and routine data collection tools and standardization of the project different tools used by the project and partners.
• M&E Focal point and liaise with local partner M&E staff.
• Ensure that project results are achieved and that learning/results-based data from the project are used to adjust project strategy as needed.
• Conduct regular site meetings/visits with/to partners/programs and ensure that good quality, meaningful data is obtained in a timely manner for integration into management decision making.
• Conduct a regular Data Quality Audit and monitor the regular implementation of audit recommendations by partners/programs.
• Supervise the project database management and ensure that partners are using it correctly based on the data collected.
• Provide support to technical staff to ensure quality reports are submitted on time for this grant/program. Review and analyze reports to identify causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation and improve their quality.
• Support evidence-based learning efforts that link program components including girls’ and boys' education, gender and social inclusion (including disability related topics), and social and behavioral change.
• Participate in regular remote check-in meeting with the FHI 360 HQ-based M&E specialist.
• Work with project staff and partners to manage their indicators, monitor and evaluate progress.
• Provide ongoing M&E training and technical assistance support to partners/programs, including revision/design of data management tools.
• Conduct periodic M&E trainings with partners.
• Ensure responsibility for data entry into the DIS/USAID database according to the required schedule and that all reported information is sufficiently accompanied by source data that has been verified by the M&E assistant.
• Prepare data submissions in Excel/Power Bi/Power Point, and LEGRA Dashboard on a monthly basis for LEGRA needs and work closely with the supervisor and technical staff for all reporting needs.
• Play a role in compiling quarterly, semi-annual and annual USAID reports as needed.
• Prepare and train partners in the preparation of "Success Stories" for use by the project.
• Bachelor’s degree in a social science, behavioral science, Statistic, Informatique or other MERL-related field; certification in a MERL-related area would also be an asset
• At least 5 to 7 years of experience in M&E activities in an international organization (e.g., USAID, the World Bank)
• Proficient with Microsoft Tools, including Excel and PowerPoint.
• Strong attention to detail and a self-starter attitude
• Excellent English and French reading, writing and speaking skills, and Kinyarwanda speaking and reading skills
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
We offer competitive compensation and a package of exceptional benefits. Please visit the FHI 360 Career Center at http://www.fhi360.org/careers for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an employer with equal opportunity and affirmative action. FHI 360 is committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or veteran status in policies, programs, or activities.
The deadline:22nd August 2021
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.