Jobs at:Bboxx Africa Management
Deadline of this Job:
24 December 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, November 29, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
A next generation utility, transforming lives and unlocking potential
Join The Fight Against Energy Poverty!
Who we are:
Bboxx is a super platform, transforming lives and unlocking potential by providing access to essential products and services across Africa.
Bboxx has built a fully integrated operating system Bboxx Pulse®, backed by an extensive on-the-ground network to provide goods, services and utilities across Africa. We offer African households, businesses and communities a highly convenient and affordable way to access life-changing solutions, through last mile logistics and data-powered innovative financing methods.
Bboxx is championing the economic development of Africa, accelerating the transition to the digital economy and creating new markets. We are connecting both underserved rural communities and aspiring urban ones with services including clean energy, clean cooking, smartphones, and loans, enabling African consumers to unlock their potential. Bboxx is positively impacting the lives of more than 2.5 million people in 11 markets, directly contributing to 11 of the 17 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. Bboxx has over 3,000 staff across Africa and offices in the UK and China.
Title: Management Accountant
Reports to: B2B Finance Manager
Location: Africa HQ - Kigali, Rwanda
The Management Accountant is a new role within the Bboxx Group finance department, following the Group’s recent growth and expansion. This role has significant scope for the incumbent to add value to the business, be involved with new projects, and contribute to the Bboxx mission as well as quickly progress to further responsibilities.
What you can expect to be doing:
• Intercompany recharges
• Accruals and prepayments
• Cash flow forecasting
• Payment runs
• VAT postings
• Month end closure
• Balance sheet recs
• Recurring and ad hoc journal entries
• Loan postings
• Foreign Currency Re-measurement for Receivables/Payables
• Depreciation run and fixed assets register
• Employee expenses
• Intercompany balances
• Support to the credit controller where required
• Resolve any other ad-hoc request pertinent to invoicing. What we are looking for:
• Qualified or part qualified accountant (ACCA or equivalent)
• Proven working experience as an accountant
• 3+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
• Strong commercial acumen
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
• Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
• Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
• Great interpersonal and communication skills
• Enthusiastic, self-motivated individual who wants to grow with the business
Bonus experience if you have it:
• Experience in using SAP Business by Design or other SAP products
• Experience in working for a multi-currency/global business
• Fluent English; French language skills also valuable
If you would like to find out more about what we are doing to transform lives through providing access to energy and services, please have a look at www.bboxx.com
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please upload your CV and answer few questions via our online application platform: https://bboxx.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/4/home/requisition/1257?c=bboxx
Qualified candidates will be contacted with information regarding the next steps. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to apply ASAP. The deadline for applications is December 10th, 2022.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.