Manager – Equity Investment and Advisory Services
Jobs at:The Development Bank of Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
31 August 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, August 24, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Manager – Equity Investment and Advisory Services
The Development Bank of Rwanda is Rwanda’s only National Development Bank mandated to support Rwanda’s development goals. Over the last years, the bank has undergone substantial re-organization aimed at positioning it as an “innovative and sustainable provider of development finance for socio-economic impact”.
To achieve this vision, the bank’s new strategic plan (2018-2024) has outlined 3 key strategic themes.
• Operational Excellence: Continuous improvement of our credit and risk management system, financial performance, and customer services.
• Strategic Partnerships: Forming strategic partnerships to deliver our mandate is a key component of our core activities.
• Dynamic Culture: Continuously improving our pool of knowledge to have the most competent and skilled employees.
BRD is committed to respecting gender equality and disability norms. We promote gender responsive practices. Qualified candidates particularly females and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
To help accomplish this ambitious and exciting vision, the Development Bank of Rwanda (BRD) would like to recruit suitable qualified candidates to fill the following position:
Manager, Equity Investment and Advisory Services
Department/Unit: Equity Investment and Advisory Services
Reports to: Head of Business Development Department
Direct Report: Officer, Equity Investment & Officers, Advisory Services Indirect Reports: N/A
Contract Terms – Open Ended
Purpose of the Job
The purpose of the job is:
• to develop and support the implementation of equity investment strategy in order to achieve an effectively managed and profitable portfolio of equity investments through proper analysis, informed invest/divest decisions and regular monitoring;
• to develop and implement an Advisory Services Strategy that seeks to support bank portfolio performance, BRD clients and the overall BRD business and investment strategy as well as the market.
• Main Responsibilities of the Job
• Setup of equity investment policies and procedures in line with BRD’s institutional and policy framework.
• Manage the work of direct reports by assisting in setting work programs, providing guidance, monitoring and development, problem solving and assessing performance at regular intervals.
• Regularly refine and update BRD’s equity products in line with changing economic conditions and market expectations to ensure continued relevance and sustainability of the bank’s products.
• Manage relationships with existing and prospective investors with the aim of raising capital / equity while managing shareholders’ interest within investee companies.
• Support the Bank’s communication efforts in relation to equity to ensure that the Bank’s achievements are well communicated with the aim of improving investors’ perception of the Bank.
• Support management by advising management on equity portfolio to help the Bank grow revenues and diversify its income streams.
• Conduct detailed industry, business and financial due diligence and appraisal on prospective equity investments to ensure investment decisions are grounded on sound technical advice and on equity-financing best practices.
• Prepare in-depth financial and data analysis for potential investments, including customer and management references, market sizing and mapping, and industry research.
• Develop financial models relating to financing, restructuring, valuation analysis and liquidity events to ensure an effective equity portfolio is kept.
• Undertake the comparison of exit alternatives and execution of approved exit options and exit management measures to ensure loss making investments are restructured or divested from and therefore keeping a healthy equity portfolio and advise management on exist strategies.
• Monitor and evaluate annual reviews, financial analysis, and equity valuation, propose, and oversee measures to mitigate identified risks in order to ensure a balanced equity portfolio is maintained.
• Prepare, review, or approve covenant compliance reports, waivers and amendments, annual reviews, ratings, valuation reports, exit proposals and other documents from equity investments to ensure an effective equity portfolio is maintained.
• Manage the work of direct reports by assisting in identifying and leading research on the various services generating incomes (i.e., consultancy services) to be offered by BRD to the market with the purpose for generating additional income.
• Develop and implement Advisory services strategies, policies, and procedure.
• Provide support in the implementation of potential services and advise options and recommended appropriate actions.
• Provide advisory services to bank clients and the market when deemed necessary.
• Provide advisory services to specific sectors of the economic when deemed necessary.
• To identify and execute the advisory services to generate the revenue to the bank.
• To make the advisory services one of the main revenue streams of bank.
• Manage the SME and other technical assistance fund dedicated to bank clients, stakeholders, and the market.
• Take part in promoting synergies and/or co-financing with other banks’ products.
• To assess the projects in pipeline and advise on the financing structure and propose innovative solutions to adopt.
• Provide advice and guidance to potential clients/PFIs on their financing needs to mitigate financing risks and increase the bankability thereof.
• Advise on the appropriate approach and products for sector-based value chain financing.
• To actively participate in products’ review and development process.
• Propose digital solutions to improve bank’s products and lending process.
• To support the business team from project identification to the approval, to identify innovative ways to structure the transaction and follow it up through.
• To revise and propose new approaches and business models to embrace the changing business environment and emerging areas of financing such green financing & sector-based financing products, shifting from traditional lending to ecosystem-based lending.
• Approved equity investment strategy
• Improved investor relations
• Growth of profitable equity portfolio
• Rate of loss-making equity investments
• Established and well managed database of shareholders
• Regular reporting on equity investment
• Approved Advisory Services strategy
• Increased advisory services provided and generated revenues from advisory services
• Turnaround time to customers’ requests and achievement vs targets
• All departments
• Donors, Investors, Government Agencies, private sector and customers
• Professional, academic qualifications and experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in finance, Business Administration, or related field
• Master’s degree in relevant field
• A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in similar position, two (2) of which must be at management level
• Experience with due diligence and analysis of investment opportunities
• Experience building and/or managing investment portfolio monitoring systems.
• Demonstrated flexibility and success in rapidly changing environments.
• Demonstrated ability to design, launch and scale new projects and initiatives, Financial and management reporting skills.
• Interpersonal, negotiation, planning, problem-solving, financial analysis, and modelling skills
• Presentation skills and ability to prepare high impact presentations for investors and lenders pitches.
• Analytical skills, attention to detail, ability to work with deadlines and schedules and strong follow through capacity.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidate should apply online (https://www.brd.rw/careers/ ) and upload application documents including Curriculum Vitae, copies of degree certificates and professional certificates, motivation letter, names of three previous supervisors (as one document) as well as their emails and telephone.
Only online applications shall be considered.
Email only for inquiries (not application): firstname.lastname@example.org
Address all applications to the Head, Human Capital, and Corporate Services of the Development Bank of Rwanda.
Deadline for application: Tuesday 6th September 2022
The employment package is highly competitive/attractive.
Due to expected high volume of applications, ONLY shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Done in Kigali, Wednesday 17th August 2022
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.