Jobs at:Nest Group
Deadline of this Job:
Date Posted: Wednesday, December 11, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Nest Group is a young and hungry hotel and property startup based in Kigali, Rwanda. We have built this business from a 4-bedroom Airbnb to two hotels and fledgling property business. Our ambition does not stop there. But let’s take a step back, why did we start the Nest Group? In East African countries, good job opportunities for promising young graduates are hard to come by. We hire smart, ambitious people and help them develop so they can then start their own businesses and provide employment opportunities to others. We take recruiting and managing our staff seriously: we provide a monthly performance bonus and feedback, training opportunities and a 10% profit share paid quarterly. We look for three things in our employees: Energy – We are looking for someone who brings energy into the room, who is passionate and able to stay positive in tough times. Empathy – We are looking for someone who can put themselves in the shoes of a customer and understand how customers make decisions. Fast Learner - We are looking for someone who strives for continuous improvement and puts systematic solutions in place so they can tackle the next problem. Give customers a stay or property they’ll love We design hospitality and property products that meet the core needs of our customers. For example, in our hotels, we don’t have pools, gyms or restaurants. We focus on the core: clean, beautiful, connected rooms in great locations. We do our research on business concepts and are always looking for new opportunities and business models. We are entrepreneurial at heart. We move quickly and value ten minutes speaking to users over an hour on excel. As Managing Director your focus is on driving business growth and performance. Firstly, you will be hands-on in overseeing our first property development project and working closely with architects, site managers, and contractors. Secondly, you will oversee the expansion of our hotel business and oversee business reporting. We have an established set up with accountants and managers, so your focus is on driving growth and recruitment. .
Responsibilities & Tasks:
• Manage first property development project
o Source land
o Agree on design with architect
o Oversee contractor
o Manage cash distribution
o Oversee sales team
• Recruit and train staff
o Weekly one-on-ones with direct reports
o Manage training opportunities for all staff
o Do assessment centers for new recruits
o Manage financial reporting with accountants
o Manage operational reporting and strategic focus
o Manage the budgeting process
o Explore new sites and business models
o Research with users
o Explore partnerships
Job Skills: Not Specified
What we’re looking for:
• Entrepreneurial flair - We started Nest Group with one four-bedroom Airbnb three years ago, we expect you to be hungry to grow the business and be self-motivated.
• Property development experience - With our experience in hotels we are branching out into property development. With your experience, you will be able to assist us to grow the business exponentially and set up for scale.
• Excellent Communication - You will be working with a team of 30 passionate and talented Rwandan staff. Communication must be clear.
• Coaching & Management - We believe in a coaching mindset. Our staff and partners are what fuel our business. We give staff monthly feedback, training and a 10% quarterly profit share.
• Finance Experience - With financial qualifications or through running your own business you know how to create a budget, review management accounts, raise funds and make analytical decisions
• We are an equal opportunities employer – consider any gender, race, religion or age
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.