Jobs at:Development Bank of Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
01 August 2022
Date Posted: Friday, July 22, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Development Bank of Rwanda is Rwanda’s only National Development Bank mandated to support Rwanda’s development goals. Over the last years, the bank has undergone substantial re-organization aimed at positioning it as an “innovative and sustainable provider of development finance for socio-economic impact”.
To achieve this vision, the bank’s new strategic plan (2018-2024) has outlined 3 key strategic themes.
• Operational Excellence: Continuous improvement of our credit and risk management system, financial performance, and customer services.
• Strategic Partnerships: Forming strategic partnerships to deliver our mandate is a key component of our core activities.
• Dynamic Culture: Continuously improving our pool of knowledge to have the most competent and skilled employees.
BRD is committed to respecting gender equality and disability norms. We promote gender responsive practices. Qualified candidates particularly females and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
To help accomplish this ambitious and exciting vision, the Development Bank of Rwanda (BRD) would like to recruit suitable qualified candidates to fill the following position:
Job Title: Marketing Officer Job grade: JG6
Department: PR, Marketing and Communication
Duo Reports to: Functionally to Manager, PR Marketing & Communications Administratively to AFIRR Project Coordinator
Direct Reports: N/A Indirect Reports: N/A
Contract terms: 5years renewable fixed term
Purpose of the Job:
We are looking for a passionate marketing officer equipped with relevant qualification and extensive experience in a wide range of marketing functions, such as communications, digital marketing, advertising, branding, and social media. Main Responsibilities of the Job:
• Managing and utilizing BRD’s communication assets (webpage, e-newsletter, social media platforms etc.) to enable strategic and effective communication.
• Assisting in developing marketing materials as well as managing and utilizing BRD’s marketing channels (website, Facebook ad, Google AdWords, etc.) to promote and/or disseminate projects’ profile and activities, knowledge products, events, resource mobilization, recruitment, etc.
• Assisting in developing communication plans for events and new projects
• Maintaining and ensuring the organization’s branding clarity and consistency
• Developing, writing/copyediting and/or sourcing of content BRD’s social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc.)
• Writing/copy editing press releases, news articles and content marketing for BRD’s newsletter and website as well as external media/news outlet
• Assisting in media liaison
• Assisting in developing BRD’s Annual Report and other corporate communication documents/collaterals
• Assisting in creating visual products
• Managing visual documentation of projects’ activities and events
• Assisting in other duties directed PR, Marketing and Communication Manager
• Execution of marketing campaigns
• Increasing social media engagement
• Turnaround time on responding to requests from clients and media
• Customer and stakeholders’ satisfaction
• All departments
• All stakeholders of AFIRR project"> Professional, academic qualifications and experience
• A university degree in communications, marketing, journalism, development studies or other related studies
• A minimum of two-year working experience as communications officer or any other related positions
• Strong digital and offline marketing skills
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational and programmatic skills
• Able to work with graphic designer
• Able to take initiative and work well independently and as part of a team
• Good understanding in media and stakeholder liaison and engagement strategies
• Fluency in managing social media platforms (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, YouTube, LinkedIn etc.) and other related supporting applications, including their analytic platforms
Competencies shall include but not limited to:
• Proven experience as marketing officer or similar role
• Solid knowledge of marketing techniques and principles
• Thorough understanding of social media and web analytics
• Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
• Creativity and commercial awareness
• A team player with a customer-oriented approach
• Event management and coordination skills
• Big picture thinking
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidate should apply online (https://www.brd.rw/careers/ ) and upload application documents including Curriculum Vitae, copies of degree certificates and professional certificates, motivation letter, names of three previous supervisors (as one document) as well as their emails and telephone.
Only online applications shall be considered.
Email only for inquiries (not application): email@example.com
Address all applications to the Head, Human Capital, and Corporate Services of the Development Bank of Rwanda.
Deadline for application: 6th August 2022
The employment package is highly competitive/attractive.
Due to expected high volume of applications, ONLY shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Done in Kigali, 21st July 2022
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.