Monitoring & Environment Specialist
Jobs at:SPIU REMA
Deadline of this Job:
23 November 2021
Date Posted: Monday, November 22, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Develop the overall framework for the implementation of an M&E of the project activities in accordance with the project document and its annexes.
• Conduct readiness assessment regarding M&E within the Project Team by clarifying M&E responsibilities of different project personnel;
• Lead the creation of a culture of evidenced-based decision-making within the Project Implementation Unit and SPIU;
• Contribute to the development of the Annual Work Plan and budget (AWP &B), ensuring they are aligned with project strategy; also include the M&E activities in the work plan and budget;
• Prepare calendar of M&E activities;
• Providing the knowledge management system for the project that will document lessons learned, insights, best practices, results and impacts;
• Oversee and execute M&E activities included in the annual work plan, with particular focus on results and impacts as well as in lesson learning, through data collection, collating, analysis, and reporting.
• Monitor the implementation of the project through progress reports and ad hoc visits and prepare the required technical, financial and other reports;
• Work closely with project staff responsible for M&E at the local level to collect, analyze, and consolidate data as well as verify the internal consistency and validity of data submitted by the beneficiaries;
• Promote a results-based approach to monitoring and evaluation, emphasizing outcomes;
• Coordinate the preparation of all M&E reports and take an active part in the
• Prepare consolidated M&E reports for project management including identification of problems, causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation, and providing specific recommendations;
• Check that monitoring data are discussed in the appropriate forum (such as National Technical Advisory Committee meetings) and in a timely fashion in terms of implications for future action. If necessary, create such discussion forum to fill any gaps;
• Foster participatory planning and monitoring by training and involving primary stakeholder groups in the M&E of activities;
Master's Degree in Development Studies
Master’s Degree in Environmental Sciences
Master’s Degree in Social Sciences
Master's Degree in environmental economics
Competency and Key Technical Skills
• Strong critical thinking skills and excellent problem solving skills.
• Client/citizen focus
• Commitment to continuous learning
• Experience in the design and use of monitoring and evaluation systems
• Knowledge of strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation systems
• Ability to apply statistical methods to test data homogeneity
• Knowledge of the principles, methods of IT project planning, monitoring, and evaluation
• Proven experience in designing, monitoring, inspection and evaluation of civil construction works, housing and urban planning and infrastructure development programs and projects
• Demonstrated experience monitoring project operations from start to end.
• Knowledge of the principles methods of IT project planning monitoring and evaluation
• Knowledge in Monitoring & System Evaluation
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.