National Program Administrator (NPA)
Jobs at:The Embassy of Sweden
Deadline of this Job:
03 September 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 17, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Embassy of Sweden is a longstanding development partner to Rwanda. The objective of Sweden’s international development cooperation is to create the conditions to improve the lives of people living in poverty and oppression. The current development cooperation strategy with Rwanda 2020–2024, has a focus on the following support areas
• Human rights, democracy, the rule of law and gender equality,
• Environmentally sustainable development and
• Inclusive economic development. In addition, Sweden supports research and higher education in Rwanda.
Exciting Employment Opportunity with the Embassy of Sweden
Position: National Program Administrator (NPA)
Duty Station: Kigali, Embassy of Sweden in Rwanda
Reports to: Head of Development Cooperation and Head of Administration
About the Embassy
The Embassy of Sweden in Rwanda has 20 employees, of which 8 are sent out staff from Sweden. Its overall tasks include political and economic reporting, trade promotion and the implementation of Sweden's development cooperation with Rwanda.
The Embassy is now looking for an engaged, service-minded and experienced individual to fill the position as a locally employed National Program Administrator (NPA) for the Development Cooperation Section. The position is challenging, involves many different tasks and duties and offers many opportunities for professional growth.
The Embassy constitutes a dynamic work environment with a high degree of team work, adaptive management and continuous learning. Openness and transparency, trust, courage, togetherness and respect are values that characterize the Embassy. All staff is expected to master a high degree of self leadership and results-based management.
• The Embassy is looking for a service-minded, outgoing, and well-organized person with a desire to provide efficient administrative and financial support to the development cooperation team.
• Quality assurance including monthly follow-up of project agreement details in the systems, extra control checks on payments and disbursements, support to program officers (POs) with the aim of ensuring that all project documentation is registered and physically archived.
• Contribution management cycle support which involves supporting and advising POs and Controllers on tasks related to appraisals of new interventions, reviewing of reports, preparing disbursements and closure of projects.
• Broad administrative support including assisting in managing various reporting systems, procurement matters, handling of logistics for both internal and external events and meetings.
• Other administrative matters arising at the Embassy
Candidates will be considered if they have the following qualifications:
• Academic degree in a discipline relevant for the position i.e administration, economics, accounting or equivalent knowledge acquired
• At least 3 years of relevant professional experience in a similar setting and a broad knowledge of administration support, financial follow-up and quality assurance of information.
• Excellent command of Microsoft Office-package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
• Excellent administrative skills
• Excellent command of the English language, both in writing and oral communication skills
• Good interpersonal and networking skills
• Self-driven, flexible, solutions-oriented including ability to organize and follow up own work
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
We kindly request you to send us your resume (CV) including names and contact details of relevant references) and a cover letter explaining why you would like to work for the Swedish Embassy and what qualifies you for the position.
The Embassy of Sweden is working with the HR consultancy company Sandberg Ltd to complete this recruitment. To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter with two work related references to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
All applications should be marked with the reference: “Embassy of Sweden: National Program Administrator (NPA)”.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview
Closing date for all applications related to this vacancy is September 3, 2021 @ 5 pm
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.